Lexicon mpx G2

• Members

I did a search on this site for info and it seems as though it's a bitch to program. I guess that's fine as long as it sounds good. I'm really interested in the G2 because all of it's options in 1u rack. A concern of mine is load times between presets and if there is a way to "spillover."

I suppose I could just buy one and find out for myself.

Scott

• Members

Other guitarist in my last band had (and still has) one. Sounded great, don't recall him ever having a delay/dropout when changing presets but I don't know about whether it can spill over.

Hooked up with the matching R1 foot controller you could do just about anything with it was the impression I was left with and some day I want one.

• Members

The G2 works on midi cc messages rather than program changes. Unless you can find a midi controller that allows multiple simultaneous cc messages on the same channel you're stuck with a stompbox like interface with presets for each song. I've heard running an MPX-G2 with program changes causes a long delay and sometimes really bad {censored} happens, I don't remember what.

The MPX-R1 is built like a cheap chinese toy. You will NEVER cease having problems with it breaking. To use the G2 to it's full capabilities you're forced to use the G2 with the R1 because the A/B function switch is sysex. This results in it being a flawed system. I've heard it's expensive as hell to repair.

I don't know about your previous bandmate but if his hasn't broken he's been lucky.

• Members

I had a replifex and an intellifex, and upgraded to an mpx G2 a few years ago. I haven't looked back. It was initially hard to progam, but so is an eventide. Not saying they are in the same league or anything.

I don't use the R1 controller and it works fine with my ground control. There is a slight delay in loading the effect patches that are significantly different from one another. No dropouts though. I use it live with no probs.

1332249358_7ef4d0a5fc.jpg

• Members

I had a replifex and an intellifex, and upgraded to an mpx G2 a few years ago. I haven't looked back. It was initially hard to progam, but so is an eventide. Not saying they are in the same league or anything.

I don't use the R1 controller and it works fine with my ground control. There is a slight delay in loading the effect patches that are significantly different from one another. No dropouts though. I use it live with no probs.

1332249358_7ef4d0a5fc.jpg

Thanks a lot. I'm still interested in getting a G2, but for now I had the cash and timing right for a Replifex.

The blue LEDs look killer in the GCX!:thu: I was thinking of the same thing for mine, but I haven't picked a color yet.

Scott

• Members

The MPX-R1 is built like a cheap chinese toy. You will NEVER cease having problems with it breaking.

I don't know about your previous bandmate but if his hasn't broken he's been lucky.

As far as I'm aware he's been using it for the best part of 10 years without an issue. From what I remember it was a metal case with pretty heavy duty metal stomp switches in it and seemed pretty solid. It wasn't my gear though, and I've never owned one so I can't be sure. :idk:

• Members

The problem is the board where the switches are mounted flexes under pressure. In cold weather or under the use of a heavy stomper the board can crack. Also the switches themselves are fragile.

Since Lexicon discontinued the product they don't like to fixing it so it'll be costly if you ever need it repaired. Also since the design inside isn't that great finding someone else to work on it will be next to impossible..

Archived