non-rack effects

• Members

Granted, this isn't the effects forum, but many of you use pedals along with your rack systems...

I've long used an old DOD distortion box with the gain set low to act as an overdrive pedal. I have had a Dunlop Q-zone wah filter that I just began using again last week.

What pedals or other non-rack effects do all of you use?

• Members

My entire sound is made up of stomp boxes (3 drawers worth), a rack mount Dunlop wah and a rack mount Hush. The rest of the rack stuff is a Furman conditioner, Peterson strobe (whenever that comes in) and two RG-16 audio switchers to switch the amp and pedals.

• Members

I am going to redo my setup and I am thinking of mixing them (rack+stomp boxes). Ideally I would have all the pedals is a shelf controlled by a switcher, but the problem is I love my Boss PS-5 abd I don;t see anyway (easy way I mean) of having it in the shelf :-(

PS5 -> Super Shifter (but it has a whammy which I like better than the Digitech Whammy because you can control the speed by tweaking a single knob)

• Members

Granted, this isn't the effects forum, but many of you use pedals along with your rack systems...

I've long used an old DOD distortion box with the gain set low to act as an overdrive pedal. I have had a Dunlop Q-zone wah filter that I just began using again last week.

What pedals or other non-rack effects do all of you use?

Old Blue MXR 10 Band EQ

Original MXR 117 Flanger

MXR Dyna Comp

MXR EVH-90

Marshall Bluesbreaker II overdrive

Electro Harmonix LPB2

NAMM%20pics%20019.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I've been digging the Dunlop Q-zone wah. I've had it for a few years, but couldn't quite get out of it what I wanted to until recently. I guess I just got to know it a little better and found the sweet spot.

I've been urgin' to try two pedals, which hopefully I'll have the spare scratch to afford in the coming year, the:

CAE/MXR Line Driver/Boost pedal

TC Electronic Classic Phaser XII pedal

I definitely need a less noisy front end boost than what the DOD Corrosion pedal provides and have been missing my MuTron phaser simulation that the GTR4000 had...

Archived