The fruits of my rack-mounted labors AKA band spam.

• Members

My band (Under Eden) just finished the mastering for a new EP, and since all of the guitars were recording through my rack rig, I thought I'd post a clip . . . and a rack pic . . . and the cover artwork. :idea:

It's sort of thrash/death/black metal thrown into a blender. We recorded and mixed everything ourselves, trying to get something relatively close to our live sound and overall vibe, which meant very few plug-ins, punch-ins, overdubs and the like. It's not for everyone, but if you like that sort of thing, feel free to check it out! The actual EP will be available in a week or so if anyone is so inclined.

The rack:

rackrig2.jpg

Rhythm guitars = Rockmaster > Multi-Valve (minimal EQ, Hush) > BBE 362NR > Hush IICX > power amp

Lead guitars = ART DST-4 > ART Tube Channel (EQ only) > BBE 362NR > Hush IICX > power amp

The cover art:

small_phoenix.jpg

The title track MP3:

http://www.under-eden.net/Audio/UnderEden-Phoenix.mp3

• Members

What tubes are you running in the rockmaster?

What power amp? What tubes?

What Speakers?

Is that BBE a sonic maximizer?

Im guessing you eq some high mids out? I have to eq the crap out of mine.

I dig the music.

Vocals arent for me though.

• Members

What tubes are you running in the rockmaster?

What power amp? What tubes?

What Speakers?

Is that BBE a sonic maximizer?

Im guessing you eq some high mids out? I have to eq the crap out of mine.

I dig the music.

Vocals arent for me though.

The power amp is an old Carvin Tube 100, predecessor to the current TS100. It's using EL34s, although I don't recall what brand are in ANY of my gear. The cab is an old Peavey vertical 2x12 slant cab with newer Sheffields from a Triple XXX cab; I know a lot of people dislike those speakers, but I've had good luck with them. As for the BBE, it's a Sonic Maximizer 362NR (noise reduction) after everything else, mainly to take out some pick scratch and fizz. I really use it for the opposite of what most people use the BBEs for.

We really didn't have to dial out much. Although there are always things that could be done differently in hindsight, we spent a lot of time getting the clarity where we wanted on the guitars. If anything, we had to pull out some low end.

Archived