2 space head and 8 space rack case help

• Members

Hi guys I don't venture here much since rack gear is a lot more complicated than a head and pedal board ( to me anyway ). I am looking for a good case maker that does head and rack space units. Do you know of any that are priced great and quality. I have looked at Angstrom, Maxline, Xcases, Scorpion Cases, Georgia Cases,Road Ready,A&S,Affordable Cases, etc. Any ideas of better or reasonable priced cases. i know a case like this is 650-750 ( about). I am looking to order this case by next friday as well. I am looking with something is is ATA as well or at least has a lot of padding.

• Members

The companies you listed are the ones I would recommend.

Also, make sure you have friends. Big friends. That thing is going to be as big and as awkward as a refrigerator.

I have a head + 6 space rack + utility drawer ATA case from Maxline. It's great, high quality, and bulletproof, but I only use it when we do extended tours as it's just too cumbersome for a single individual to move on a weekly basis.

-W

• Members

The companies you listed are the ones I would recommend.

Also, make sure you have friends. Big friends. That thing is going to be as big and as awkward as a refrigerator.

I have a head + 6 space rack + utility drawer ATA case from Maxline. It's great, high quality, and bulletproof, but I only use it when we do extended tours as it's just too cumbersome for a single individual to move on a weekly basis.

-W

Do you think it would be easier just to get everything in it's own case and just get the O.D. of the cases to match each other so they can stack easier? I just wanted to run everything wired together I hate hooking and unhooking stuff.

• Members

not a bad idea, cod you could always get a nice dolly and move the individual cases yourself. Starsnuffer is right: either you'll need big (and loyal) mates or you design the rig for self mobility. Speaking from experience that thing is going to be a monster

• Members

I was looking at doing the same thing. I ended up going separate because it's just a bitch to move that big stuff on a weekly basis. I'm glad I did because the live in head case is about as much as I'd want to lift on me own. I got it from Maxline and they're super cool folks. I had them put little trolley wheels on one end and an extra handle at the bottom on the other end so I can cart it around easily. The whole thing is close to 100lb loaded up.

Here's some pix.

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0046-1.jpg

• Members

I was looking at doing the same thing. I ended up going separate because it's just a bitch to move that big stuff on a weekly basis. I'm glad I did because the live in head case is about as much as I'd want to lift on me own. I got it from Maxline and they're super cool folks. I had them put little trolley wheels on one end and an extra handle at the bottom on the other end so I can cart it around easily. The whole thing is close to 100lb loaded up.

Here's some pix.

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0046-1.jpg

Very NICE!!! :thu:

• Members

Be even nicer when my GRX4 gets here in the next week or two so I can rackmount my pedals and have a clean signal chain from guitar to amp.
:thu:

Cool!!! :thu:

Hey, where do you put your speaker cabinet in the car??? ;)

Archived