For those of you with MIDI looping systems...

• Members

I incorporated a simple box into Loop 1 of my Axess GRX4. It's nothing more than a box wired up with a 500k volume pot. I use it instead of rolling the volume back to get mid gain style sounds. Set it and forget it.

Cheap fun folks! :thu:

BTW... I'm not using the GRX4's buffer circuit as it doesn't seem to play nice with my modded SD1 in loop 2

• Members

I incorporated a simple box into Loop 1 of my Axess GRX4. It's nothing more than a box wired up with a 500k volume pot. I use it instead of rolling the volume back to get mid gain style sounds. Set it and forget it.

Cheap fun folks!
:thu:

BTW... I'm not using the GRX4's buffer circuit as it doesn't seem to play nice with my modded SD1 in loop 2

MadRyan, you are a madman... :thu:

• Members

So it's basically like an inverse boost pedal? I could see the value in that, particularly when I'm using my guitar with the wrong volume pot on it, so it's basically functioning like a kill switch! Mind you, I just use a volume pedal, gives me more control.

• Members

So it's basically like an inverse boost pedal? I could see the value in that, particularly when I'm using my guitar with the wrong volume pot on it, so it's basically functioning like a kill switch! Mind you, I just use a volume pedal, gives me more control.

Exactly... I use a volume pedal as well, but I'm using the volume pedal to drop the master volume, not the amount of gain. Basically this is the first thing my signal hits upon leaving the wireless receiver so it limits gain. I just use it on a couple of presets to get a really nice clean "Lead" sound from channel 2 of my Lonestar. I've got a couple of boost pedals I use later in the chain for high gain, but my amp still has enough gain dialed in that without doing this I can't get a really nice low gain sound on channel 2.

• Members

It's not a kill switch because he's not bring it down all the way.

This is correct. I've got loop 4 setup with my Tuner, but I'm running just the send and while the other loops will split your signal, loop 4 doesn't so that acts like my tuner mute. IMO, being able to attenuate my input signal via MIDI is really cool.

Archived