Slimline Jacks and Light Weight cable for Rack?

• Members

Ok, Can anyone give me some good suggestions for jacks and cable for my rack.

I need some slim Angled and Straight Jacks and some light weight cable.

I am in the UK so if you can name any stores I can pickup from even better.

Cheers, I look forward to your suggestions.

• Members

hey man, there's tons of info on cables on here and on TGP, hugeracksinc etc.

Have you tried a search yet? (sorry to be that guy)

For a rack, most guys either cut their cables themselves or send their rack to a company like CAE to get everything "rigged". I don't know what's available in the UK, but George L's, Mogami, and Canare seem to be used frequently. Doing a google search like "Mogami UK" should probably get you some results... and if you can find someone who sells it by the foot, they can also sell you jacks. I like Neutrik jacks myself.

~Andy

• Members

Hi Andy, I know what your saying.

I have searched but not finding any results apart from the usual answers like you mentioned.

I am trying to find any variants on the Neutrik NYS224 plugs etc.

Weight is an issue so just trying to find some other options, but for the life of me I cannot find anything that looks half decent.

• Members

Hi Andy, I know what your saying.

I have searched but not finding any results apart from the usual answers like you mentioned.

I am trying to find any variants on the Neutrik NYS224 plugs etc.

Weight is an issue so just trying to find some other options, but for the life of me I cannot find anything that looks half decent.

Redco Audio has pretty good deals on their house brand plugs. They also carry Neutrik and Switchcraft stuff as well. Get your plugs and Mogami cable and be done.

• Members

I recently moved over to Lava Cable Mini ELC from a Mogami/Spectraflex combination. They're cut-to-length and solderless, but are probably three times more sturdy than the George L's design. The jacks have a small footprint and I've not had any issues getting them in even the tightest spaces. The cable itself is very flexible and is very easy to route in a rack. I lost a good bit of noise moving to them from the other cables, and the frequency response seems a bit more tailored for use in a guitar rig (used to play with the mids cranked, but I've had to come off of them quite a bit). I'm not sure about availability in the UK, but I can imagine there are a few dealers that will ship across the pond.

• Members

hey man, there's tons of info on cables on here and on TGP, hugeracksinc etc.

Have you tried a search yet? (sorry to be that guy)

For a rack, most guys either cut their cables themselves or send their rack to a company like CAE to get everything "rigged".

~Andy

What does that typically run for a custom wiring job, turnaround?

• Members

You seem surprised that this sheet is SO relevant... to so many... hmmm I guess you are just 'that guy'
;)

don't know with what tone I'm supposed to read that, Zachman, but I'm not surprised. It's some good stuff on there. What I'm surprised about is that it doesn't have its own sticky yet.

Now where was I... oh yeah, saving up for my rack :idea:

• Members

don't know with what tone I'm supposed to read that, Zachman, but I'm not surprised. It's some good stuff on there. What I'm surprised about is that it doesn't have its own sticky yet.

Now where was I... oh yeah, saving up for my rack
:idea:

The tone was with one of these ;), which I forgot to post. :thu:

Archived