Let's talk about wireless systems

pmtrub

• Members

I'm using an audio technica 4000 series, which as I understand it, is a good system. I notice that some of my rackmounted pedals sound markedly better without the wireless, and in some cases, the pedals are noisy with the wireless in play. I'm about ready to give up and go back to wired, although I'd really like not to.

What are you guys using, and what are your feelings about your system?

• Members

I use an AKG SR40 receiver and WMS 40 transmitter pack. Always found it sounds better than a straight cable as it adds a bit of gain.

Same. I wish I could get the rackmount add on for it. They're impossible to find since they were discontinued

• Members

look into the Line 6 X2 system.

it's really amazing, no tone difference at all.

I probably wouldn't even be shopping for something different if my receiver got along with my pedals... but I'm definitely interested in these! How well does it deal with fuzz pedals, and what makes the $1500-2000 units so much better?

• Members

I probably wouldn't even be shopping for something different if my receiver got along with my pedals... but I'm definitely interested in these! How well does it deal with fuzz pedals, and what makes the $1500-2000 units so much better?

the x2 shouldn't show any difference at all when comparing to the straight signal of a cable.

the $1500 units in my own opinion and experience aren't supposedly better, they just are not made in a mass quantity. so they'll be more expensive if less are made.

the x2 is made more frequent that more expensive units although $600 for a x2 is not that cheap.

• Members

look into the Line 6 X2 system.

it's really amazing, no tone difference at all.

Hey people,

I'm using the X2 Digital Wireless XDS95 ( the cheaper pedalboard mounted version) and it works great onstage. It doesn't have a long range like the XDS95 though. Be sure to replace the OEM transmitter cable with a better 1/4" to 1/8" cable since the stock transmitter cable is rather cheap.

Guitar George

• Members

Hey people,

I'm suing the X2 Digital Wireless XDS95 ( the cheaper pedalboard mounted version) and it works great onstage. It doesn't have a long range like the XDS95 though. Be sure to replace the OEM transmitter cable with a better 1/4" to 1/8" cable since the stock transmitter cable is rather cheap.

Guitar George

you're suing or using the X2?

i'm assuming you meant using... no point in suing a wireless :wave:

• Members

you're suing or using the X2?

i'm assuming you meant using... no point in suing a wireless
:wave:

Hey TRevMFB,

My bad!! I meant that I'm currently using the X2 XDS95 digital wireless system. That's what happens when I post in early in the morning. LOL

Guitar George

• Members

I up until recently was running on AKG WMS400 systems (two of them). In the end I got rid of them... not because they sounded bad, just because I need to switch between three guitars and it was becoming a right pain! Went back to using a lead and things are much happier!

Archived