Switching a CAE 3+SE via midi?

• Members

Hi everyone!!

Just going to ask a very quick question...

Im looking at buying a CAE 3+SE preamp but i'm really stuck on how to channel switch the preamp via a midi footpedal. I am planning on using this with a multi effects unit also being midi and was hoping to control both the preamp and the effects unit in a one button push instead of pushing both a midi footswitch for the effects unit and the custom audio electronics channel changing footswitch. I have been searching for a while on how to do this however I have had no luck finding the perfect solution. Could someone please enlighten me...

Also, I may be asking much but the cheaper the unit - THE BETTER!!!! ;)

Cheers,

Richard

Edit: Sorry I realised.... i should have said the preamp only has a like a 5 or 7 pin din connector or 3 control switches on the back - one control switch for each channel so I can't have a unit which only has one output jack for switching all channels (I think it has to be a relay switch or something??)

• Members

Thanks srommes... I saw this unit before but I wasn't sure if it would fully do the job, funnily enough after all the searching I have done for months - I came across one last night through one of Zachmans post on the forum which was a RJM Amp Gizmo which is listed as a working compliant with the 3+.

I'll research this unit too seeing if it does fully work with ease for me because it is cheaper than the Amp Gizmo.

Cheers

Richard

• Members

Oh don't worry I was only debating which preamp to buy first working out the differences that separate the preamps in greatness except for awesome tone!! Also I live in the UK which is kinda a pain in the ass... :(

Also speaking of the subject - apart from paying for a second hand one of ebay (which can be more expensive), is it possible for me to get it new from CAE and into the country without being charged import duty cause I bet itd be expensive. I could give the money to some relatives that live in the US for them to post it me as a gift but direct from Bob would cut out the hassle - Ill have to ask him what to do when I get most of the money together.

Cheers,

Richard

Archived