Ground Control Pro question

skibob

• Members

I'm using a G Major with a Ground Control Pro to switch channels on my DSL. Everything works fine but the instant access button on the GCP that I have set to switch amp channels lights up when it is on the amps clean channel. I would rather have it light up when it is on the overdrive channel but I haven't been able to figure out how to reverse it. So is there a way to reverse the light status?

Thanks

• Members

I'm using a G Major with a Ground Control Pro to switch channels on my DSL. Everything works fine but the instant access button on the GCP that I have set to switch amp channels lights up when it is on the amps clean channel. I would rather have it light up when it is on the overdrive channel but I haven't been able to figure out how to reverse it. So is there a way to reverse the light status?

Thanks

I gotta ask, why use the thing in instant access mode? It's so slick if you just do it with program changes.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Just in case anyone else was wondering about this...

I sent an email to Voodoo Labs asking about this and this is what they had to say.

Because the G-Major switching relay does not have the ability to select between normally open or normally closed switching, there is no way to reverse the light when controlling channel switching for a DSL-50 via a G-Major.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Thanks,

Josh Lippmann

Tech Support, Customer Service

joshl@voodoolab.com

Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks

This may sound totally off the wall, but what would happen if you...

1. Hit the instant access button to change to the clean channel and get the light on...

2. Unplugged the cable running from the G-Major to the DSL-50 foot switch input...

3. Hit the instant access button again to turn the light off, and...

4. Plugged the cable back in?

At this point, amp should be on the clean channel and the light should be out, so the next time you hit the instant access button, you should change to the OD channel and the light should come on.

Sounds good in theory, but I have no clue if it would work in practice.

• Members

1. Hit the instant access button to change to the clean channel and get the light on...

2. Unplugged the cable running from the G-Major to the DSL-50 foot switch input...

At this point, amp should be on the clean channel and the light should be out, so the next time you hit the instant access button, you should change to the OD channel and the light should come on.

Midi doesn't work this way.

I actually have the same problem with the all access and my dsl...although it doesn't really bug me, I just got used to it.

I'd have to look into it more, but it might be possible to change what cc values the GCP sends when you turn the switch on/off. The g-major looks for 0-64 possibly to turn the relay on, and 65-127 to turn it off (or vice versa, i don't know the actual numbers off the top of my head). Anyway I'm just saying if there is a way on the GCP to change what cc value it sends that might work.

• Members

I tried that. No luck.

When you plug it back in you then have to hit the switch twice to get it to change. And then the light is back to it's "normal" status of off for OD/on for clean.

• Members

I think all you would have to do is reverse the wires in the connector that plugs into the G Major and runs to DSL. It would reverse the relay switch. Just really changing the ring and tip around. Just remember you will have to reverse your save patch relays. Are you using both relays or one?

• Members

I think all you would have to do is reverse the wires in the connector that plugs into the G Major and runs to DSL. It would reverse the relay switch. Just really changing the ring and tip around. Just remember you will have to reverse your save patch relays. Are you using both relays or one?

The DSL switches channels based on whether there the circuit is open or closed. I don't know if you're talking about a stereo cable or not, but the DSL only uses a mono cable to switch channels. If the circuit is open it is in one state, and if it is closed it is in the other state. Switching wires around won't do anything.

Once again if there is a way in the Ground control to change which CC values it sends when you hit the instant access button this is your best bet.

• Members

The DSL switches channels based on whether there the circuit is open or closed. I don't know if you're talking about a stereo cable or not, but the DSL only uses a mono cable to switch channels. If the circuit is open it is in one state, and if it is closed it is in the other state. Switching wires around won't do anything.

Once again if there is a way in the Ground control to change which CC values it sends when you hit the instant access button this is your best bet.

Yeah, closed is clean and open is OD. I think you can also switch the amp's reverb with an insert cable and the other relay but I'm not using that feature.

You can change the CC value for the instant access switches from 1-127 but you also have to set the G-Major's relay to that number. I can't find anywhere to set what is "on" and what is "off".

It's not a big deal. With a little counseling and some prescription drugs I've learned to live with it.:lol:

Archived