Question about W/D/W rigs

madryan

• Members

I'm helping a buddy build a W/D/W rig around a Mesa Roadking II. Basically he wants two totally dry cabs (a closed back for the dirty channels and an open back for cleans) which the RKII already does, and two for stereo wet. He's planning on using the G-Major he has for effects at this point but he's going to upgrade to an eventide unit in the future.

My question is this... Slave out to the processor and stereo amp to run the wet signal correct? Do I get a guitar amp like a Mesa 2:90 or similar or a Crown PA amp?

Any info people can throw me would be great.

• Members

I'm helping a buddy build a W/D/W rig around a Mesa Roadking II. Basically he wants two totally dry cabs (a closed back for the dirty channels and an open back for cleans) which the RKII already does, and two for stereo wet. He's planning on using the G-Major he has for effects at this point but he's going to upgrade to an eventide unit in the future.

My question is this... Slave out to the processor and stereo amp to run the wet signal correct? Do I get a guitar amp like a Mesa 2:90 or similar or a Crown PA amp?

He should do himself an audible favour and get a tube slave to amplify his wet effects. ENGL's VHT's or the old mesa strategy series should have the headroom you're looking for in a wet slave ;)

• Members

Off the top of my head, I'd say-> Slave Out from the Road King II to the effects processor, then run the stereo signals from that to the Mesa/Boogie Stereo 2:90, and to two speaker cabs, set wide apart.

Put the two "dry" cabs in the middle.

Use a guitar poweramp, not a PA amp unless you're scratching at the bottom of the barrel.

Archived