Who uses the RG-16 here? Questions...

• Members

I own one, and I had that hum problem at first. I can't remember exactly what I did to resolve it, but I know it came down to a grounding issue. The RG-16 is designed with a floating ground, the older models you had to take the lid off and ground internally, but I believe the later versions have a switch to lift the ground. I recall also having issues if I had a wall-wart too close to it (certainly an el-cheapo 9VAC supply that wasn't very well shielded). It's worth using a decent power supply with it - I power mine from a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power AC now. Certainly in my current rig I'm getting no hum problems.

Ron Menelli at RJM Music is normally very quick to answer technical questions via his website, or on Huge Racks Inc, but he's at NAMM at the moment (launched 5 new products this year, including the Effect Gizmo that I'm very excited about) - I'd guess he'd be back replying to emails by Tuesday or so.

• Members

I know that there were some design revisions at some point, though I'm not sure how/if the buffer was messed with at all. Earlier units have no screws between all the 1/4" jacks on the back and later units do have screws located halfway between each set of jacks.

Archived