Digitech GSP1101 vs. Lexicon MPX G2

petejt

• Members

I don't really need amp models, but I thought it'd help save some space rather than have a separate preamp.

If you don't need the amp models why are you looking at this? This unit played through a pair of power engines is amazing. If you're not going to use the amp models/cabinet sims you should be looking at something else.

• Members

If you don't need the amp models why are you looking at this? This unit played through a pair of power engines is amazing. If you're not going to use the amp models/cabinet sims you should be looking at something else.

Not necessarily. It's a great effects processor in its own right. I don't often use the amp models at all, but I have two GSPs in my rig that get used all the time for effects.

• Members

Not necessarily. It's a great effects processor in its own right. I don't often use the amp models at all, but I have two GSPs in my rig that get used all the time for effects.

Spacehog is probably right about this. Over the last couple of years I've had Digitech GNX400(guitar) and VX400(vocals). They both were very flexible but also VERY thin sounding. Their higher end stuff like what you are looking at should be a MUCH better sounding product. My favorite guitar processor EVER was a Digitech GSP2101 that someone stole from me in 2001. At that time it was STILL(circa 1994) an awesome FX machine. I've played through a LOT of FX units since then but few could match it for certain THICK sounds.

The biggest thing to me about buying either of these(besides the sound) is the ease of programmability using the computer. I assume that the Digitech and Lexicon both can be programmed extensively using the computer as a graphic user interface. It's much easier for me to program my patches and patch lists/order via a large screen versus twiddling with knobs and buttons while navigating through layer after layer of submenus. Good luck! They are both great boxes.

• Members

Well aside from the AxeFx which is 6x the price, what other modellers/effects units are similiar or better than the 1101?

I've had or played lots of units and am very impressed with my 1101 so far.

There's a few things I'd like different or more of, but so far I don't see anything in the same price range that would be more effective.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

I'm re-visiting this idea now, and also started to get some cash together (if I can sell my Engl Fireball).

I was reading through the Lexicon's manual last night, and although it has excellent effects and uses, the GSP1101 seems a lot more straightforward.

What I need is a preamp with a few different flavours and tweak on the fly with proper rotary control knobs, and then just punch in some extra effects when I want, then save it all as a preset. Easy.

It seems like the GSP1101 is the ticket.

• Members

I'm re-visiting this idea now, and also started to get some cash together (if I can sell my Engl Fireball).

I was reading through the Lexicon's manual last night, and although it has excellent effects and uses, the GSP1101 seems a lot more straightforward.

What I need is a preamp with a few different flavours and tweak on the fly with proper rotary control knobs, and then just punch in some extra effects when I want, then save it all as a preset. Easy.

It seems like the GSP1101 is the ticket.

I finally pulled the trigger on one.I like the idea that i can use my MP-1 or Voodu Valve with it through the loop easily,my FCB1010 will interface with it well.The only thing I don't get with the FCB is the display feedback on the floor for tuning and stuff.

Honestly I'm kinda hoping that it will sound pretty good straight into the PA back at me through a monitor.

Love the sound and feel of my 4x12 but there are times when I'd really like a light load in.

Archived