switching system help.

• Members

So i wanna start putting together a switching system for my rig and i need some advice. i wanna switch my amp and i don't have alot of pedals. most of my efx for from my gmajor and the only pedal i have at the moment is a boost. i'v been thinking about an EQ but thats it really. would the GCX be overkill? what other options are there?

• Members

So i wanna start putting together a switching system for my rig and i need some advice. i wanna switch my amp and i don't have alot of pedals. most of my efx for from my gmajor and the only pedal i have at the moment is a boost. i'v been thinking about an EQ but thats it really. would the GCX be overkill? what other options are there?

Here you go

• Members

I'm in the same boat as you.

I'm debating between the GCX and the GRX4 and right now the GCX is winning. Unless I can find a used GRX4, they are kind of expensive to buy new when you think about it. It's $259 + $40 shipping (Canada to US) and then I would need to buy a power supply for it, and the BOSS one that they recommend doesn't seem to be available. So for less than $100 more I can get the GCX and have twice as many loops, phantom power for my Ground Control Pro and it's rack mount. I'll probably never need 8 loops but you never know...

So that's where my head is at right now. I'm not saying the GRX4 isn't a great product, but for me it makes more sense to get the GCX right now. YMMV.

• Members

Explain more please.

The Patchmate uses Program changes and/or control changes, the GCX uses only control changes.

The patchmate can be programed to respond to your controller, but the with the GCX you need to program your controller to the GCX.

Something like that... At least that's my understanding from the research I have done. I don't own either one.

Archived