Midi Switchers?

• Members

I'm all about RJM, I've got both the Amp Gizmo (older one) and the RG16; I think they are well worth the money. They are a lot cheaper than Bradshaw stuff, etc. Rocktronhttp://rocktron.com/ just came out with a loop selector that might be good for you; the link doesn't work for what I'm trying to show. Click "Patchmate Loop 8" on the page.

• Members
Hey,

I need a midi switching unit for my pedals.

I have 4 pedals that need to controlled via midi.

Ive seen the GCX and amp Gizmo stuff, but its a little $$.

All I need is 4 loops, is there anything a bit cheaper the 400 bucks?

Thanks.
:thu:

Do you already have a MIDI foot controller? If not, you're gonna need one to control whatever MIDI switching unit you end up with.

• Members

Sort of on the same topic...

Is there a Midi switcher that just does TRS switching to control older gear via the 1/4" switches? I've been using an older Rocktron ProGAP between my controller and my Kasha Rockmod just to utilize the Midi/switch control capabilities in the ProGAP. It works perfectly this way, but the ProGAP takes up a ton of space in the rack. I would really like something a lot smaller if it was available at a reasonable price.

• Members

Is there a Midi switcher that just does TRS switching to control older gear via the 1/4" switches? I've been using an older Rocktron ProGAP between my controller and my Kasha Rockmod just to utilize the Midi/switch control capabilities in the ProGAP. It works perfectly this way, but the ProGAP takes up a ton of space in the rack. I would really like something a lot smaller if it was available at a reasonable price.

I seem to recall the Rocktron Midi Octopus having 8 Midi controllable TS switches in a half-rack unit, and there's a simple way to use relays for loop switching if you wanted that later on.

• Members

If you can find one (as they were discontinued years ago), the Laney Babelswitch has two TRS jacks giving control over 4 functions, plus a couple of switchable loops.

Another option would be something with 4 TS switches like the Nobels MS-4 and then using a couple of stereo to mono adapters or cables to get them into two TRS jacks.

Good luck with it.

• Members

A lot of these devices let you configure the individual loops to act a momentary switches.

• Members

Largely back to the original question that opened this thread.....

I too might be interested in getting a midi router/switcher. All I would need is a 2 loop device that would have an 'In', two loops ('Send' and 'Return' for each) and an 'Out'. It would need to be controllable via midi. Purpose would be to switch between 2 rackmount preamps. Goal is to remove my Rocktron Patchmate from my rack to gain a rack space and have the preamp switching done by a unit I can attach to the side wall in the back of my rack case.

Anybody know of anything like this?

Archived