How to secure a power amp to a rack??

gmar

• Members

qsc.jpg

Four rack screws ought to do the trick...

Yeah I figured those out.. I'm talking about the back of the amp, they advise to secure it from the back aswell

Rezrover showed me the right product already, I just have to find it in europe.

Thanks a lot

• Members

Yeah I figured those out.. I'm talking about the back of the amp, they advise to secure it from the back aswell

Rezrover showed me the right product already, I just have to find it in europe.

Thanks a lot

Sorry, I just interpreted your original post too literally.

If you put your power amp in the bottom of your rack, you could probably get a couple of those rubber feet with adhesive on them to support the back. For that matter anything else that fits between the amp and rack should do the trick. Even a 19" piece of Styrofoam cut to the right height would work, and wouldn't add any additional weight to the rack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The brackets shown in the posts above are the best method, but if you have trouble finding them easily (as I did), you can at least put the amp at the bottom with something between it and the bottom of the rack enclosure. I used a piece of scrap 3/4" oak board that's about 8"x12" or so. It keeps the back end of the amp from pulling down on the front rack ears/mounting rails. It's no good if the rack gets turned upside down, but that generally doesn't happen.

Archived