g major folks... 2 geets, 1 unit?

• Members

i haven't been able to find any superb info on the g major's functionality in dual mono, i read through the manual pdf but that told me all of jack squat for what i'm curious about. (i'm working on a dual mono rig split between two guitarists.) does this i/o setup also mean that two processing pathways can be run simultaneously for the two mono channels? if so, can they be switched independently or would they have to change at the same time? the main reasons i'd be interested is for the noise gating and to jazz up some leads, and may as well ask if this is even worth it vs. picking up a hush super c and a different fx unit or two.

school me up!

• Members

It's my understanding that dual mono lets you run different effects in each channel, and I'm just guessing here, but I would think "switching" is strictly limited to moving from one preset patch to another. I don't see how you could switch effects in the mono channels without first changing the preset patch.

• Members

basically i want it to be able to run separate effect settings on the left and right channels (as NyteOwl correctly deduced). if switching changes presets of both sides, it's no big deal because i could just clone the settings for the 'new' preset if i only want the other guitar to change.

• Members

basically i want it to be able to run separate effect settings on the left and right channels (as NyteOwl correctly deduced). if switching changes presets of both sides, it's no big deal because i could just clone the settings for the 'new' preset if i only want the other guitar to change.

It won't work that way,the channels are not independant on the G-Major like that.

You will need two of them to accomplish what your asking.

Even if you run two guitars into it somehow you will not be able to seperate the input signals and output signals so that you can effect each guitar seperately. And running two guitars into it simultaniously will cause you some some problems at the input stage,as in weird noise,maybe outta phase pick-up tones.

I do own a G-Major and love it by the way and as many times as I've screwed around with it I've never seen an option to do what your asking.It's only a single channel unit,you would need actually two channels of input.

Archived