Marshall JMP-1 Preamp Tubes

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Soldano67

Dont go to university where you might have to debate with students and professors Mario, it can be 3 x worse:D

But I've heard about a guy like you he hated debating with certain people and became intolerant and hateful.He ended up killing 6 million of those people.

Did you bring anthing new to the table Mario?? Nope! that makes you a troll:)

You decide to pop in here and call me a 3 year old wow thats so mature!
:)

did you seriously just compare him to hitler? you're a {censored}ing idiot man. wow.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyCorgan

I hate digital amps. I've only heard one that sounded half decent and it was the Line 6 Vetta. For $1500 it better sound a lot better than that if i'm gonna spend any money on it.

I just really don't see what the big deal is with you and the JMP-1. lol

Explaining the components of a preamp that you hate and arguing about the tone of it all the time. You'd think it was the Presidential debate in here.
:D
I guess you feel about the JMP how i feel about the ADA MP-1. I found it so harsh and thin sounding. It sounded like a SS POS to me. It was much thinner/fizzier than the Marshall. That's why i kept the JMP. It may be SS but those tubes do actually warm it up alot.

Ya the ADA without external EQ and serious tweaking sounds like {censored} no doubt about it.But after tweaking it will sound better than the JMP-1 for the fact its tubes produce the meat of the tone.

You know Billy I wouldve long since shut-up if it werent for stilwel/jason he created a unecessary debate.Its good he finally dropped it whether or not he truly appreciates his error.

Again this isnt serious stuff ,were not in a lab its the forum take it with a grain of salt.

• Members

Originally posted by iamatroll11

did you seriously just compare him to hitler? you're a {censored}ing idiot man. wow.

No I didnt SERIOUSLY compare him to Hitler.I dont ever remember mentioning Hitlers name at all:D

Wow you are such a troll! :)

• Members

O.K. I had to join up to this webgroup as I have been reading your comments for a few years now.

First off, the JMP-1 is a hybrid, not a true tube pre-amp. Yes, the tubes run at about 250 volts, but a lot of the distortion is made by that transistor bridge. There is a guy is Sweden who mods these things and makes them an almost true tube pre-amp.

Oddly, I tried signing in as rockmaster but that user name was taken. It looks like someone likes the rockmaster preamp as much as me!:D

Soldano from Soldano amplification has even said that the Marshall JMP-1 is not a true tube pre-amp. I'll try and find the links for you guys and post them here or maybe under a new heading.

I don't mind the JMP-1 but Jim Marshall is misleading people. He should call it a hybriD amp/ the best of both worlds/ or something like that. I actually spoke with the guy who designed it supposidly(He's from North America), and he said it is a hybrid preamp. It's not digital sound, just solid state with tubes to add some warmth.

If the JMP-1 was half of it's new price, I'd say fine, but it is overrpiced for what it is. More to come.

• Members

Originally posted by Rockmaster 2

O.K. I had to join up to this webgroup as I have been reading your comments for a few years now.

First off, the JMP-1 is a hybrid, not a true tube pre-amp. Yes, the tubes run at about 250 volts, but a lot of the distortion is made by that transistor bridge. There is a guy is Sweden who mods these things and makes them an almost true tube pre-amp.

Oddly, I tried signing in as rockmaster but that user name was taken. It looks like someone likes the rockmaster preamp as much as me!
:D

Soldano from Soldano amplification has even said that the Marshall JMP-1 is not a true tube pre-amp. I'll try and find the links for you guys and post them here or maybe under a new heading.

I don't mind the JMP-1 but Jim Marshall is misleading people. He should call it a hybriD amp/ the best of both worlds/ or something like that. I actually spoke with the guy who designed it supposidly(He's from North America), and he said it is a hybrid preamp. It's not digital sound, just solid state with tubes to add some warmth.

If the JMP-1 was half of it's new price, I'd say fine, but it is overrpiced for what it is. More to come.

Shuddap the Rockmaster is a piece of {censored} too......................

j/k :)

• Members

erm ( i read all that!!!wtf)

anyways answer is RFTs ! bit more gain.. and nice bottom end..more detail to the lows!! sorted. work great in any marshall

used to run JMP1 loaded with RFTs with a 120/120vs seriously..if you need more from a marshall then i can't help ..we is from different planets or something!!..jmp1 is a fine bit of kit....cleans allways sucked though!!! "cough" ;)

• 5 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

SRSLY...

I opened this thread hoping to find some useful info on good tubes for JMP-1. And then this :bor:

Even Marshall says it's hybrid in the new JMD1 description:

the Marshall team have crafted the latest evolutionary benchmark in hybrid amplifiers that picks up where the renowned JMP-1 left off.

But it's still a valve preamp as it says on the tin. It also says midi but that don't mean that all of its options are midi switchable...

Anyway, it sounds great to me. Like it a lot more than a lot of all-tube amps I played. As for the misleading, give me a break people. It doesn't say all-tube or anything and if we were that strict no amp that doesn't have tube rectifier and reverb driver and fx loop etc. could be labeled all-tube.

And if you take a look at how they advertised the thing it was how it can get the sounds of older Marshalls, how it sounds good and how it's easy to use... No all tube whatever...

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I know I'm about ten years (at least) too late to contribute,  but explain your scientific theory to Adrian Smith and Dave murray Mr. tube tone axpert!!.Go flush your opinions down the toilet, as that's where they belong, you laughable idiot.

Archived