Cheapest functional (quasi-)intelligent lighting?

• Members

Okay, I'm just looking for something that can be programmed using a controller to move. Nothing extravagant. One pattern gobo works for me. Hell, no pattern gobos works for me. I'd like it to be able to change colors, and strobe, but those are the only requirements.

I've done a little bit of research but I'm still not too versed in this area. I'll be needing four of them, and they can be the cheapest things in the world as long as they're going to work for a handful of shows. Preprogrammed or not isn't a huge issue, though since there's four lights and one light guy, preprogrammed stuff would be pretty damn nice. I don't have a controller or anything, because I'm not sure what the best way to do this would be.

So let's have it. The absolute 100% dirt cheapest moving light setup one can build that consists of four lights and a controller!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Zeromus-X

Okay, I'm just looking for something that can be programmed using a controller to move. Nothing extravagant. One pattern gobo works for me. Hell, no pattern gobos works for me. I'd like it to be able to change colors, and strobe, but those are the only requirements.

I've done a little bit of research but I'm still not too versed in this area. I'll be needing four of them, and they can be the cheapest things in the world as long as they're going to work for a handful of shows. Preprogrammed or not isn't a huge issue, though since there's four lights and one light guy, preprogrammed stuff would be pretty damn nice. I don't have a controller or anything, because I'm not sure what the best way to do this would be.

So let's have it. The absolute 100% dirt cheapest moving light setup one can build that consists of four lights and a controller!

I don't like to go on about Trackspots as they are hardly new and exciting. They do what you want though and can run from their internal mic's and can be master and slaved together. They are cheap to run and probably reasonably hard to get hold of in the used market place. For someone that doesn't require much and doesn't want to get holed up in the

Archived