Where can i learn

Stuart

• Members

hi Everyone

I was wondering where i can learn a fair amount about lighting. Why as im the only technical person in the band we purchased some lights. we picked up 18 par cans, couple o pin lights a 12 channel Distributor box and a dodgey old 12 channel jands desk, the music shop was selling up so we picked up a bargin.

Is there somewhere on line on how to use these. can i use two if the par can in the same distributor box?

Cheers

Stuie

• Members
Originally posted by Stuart

hi Everyone

I was wondering where i can learn a fair amount about lighting. Why as im the only technical person in the band we purchased some lights. we picked up 18 par cans, couple o pin lights a 12 channel Distributor box and a dodgey old 12 channel jands desk, the music shop was selling up so we picked up a bargin.

Is there somewhere on line on how to use these. can i use two if the par can in the same distributor box?

Cheers

Stuie

FanFest_00900.JPG

• Members

Originally posted by Stuart

hi Everyone

Cheers

Stuie

It's important to understand amperes and how many a fitting requires. This way you can tell if your supply is large enough and work out whether the dimmer, switchbox or hard power supply is enough..

Divide the Wattage by the Voltage and you will get the Current (Amps).

If I had a 1000watt par in us in the Uk, then I would divide 1000watts by 240volts AC which gives me 4.16 amps (I round up to 4.5). In the states, it would be 1000watts divided by 110volts AC which is 9 amps.

If you can't be bothered (as most people can't) to learn simple sums for current and supply, then you may as well stick with playing the instruments. Plug it in the wrong way and you will forever be blowing the power supply.. ;)

Archived