Good resource for programming intelligents

J Kylez

• Members

Anyone know of any good resources to get a better understanding for programming shows with intelligent fixtures?

We are specifically working with Martin Roboscan 812's as the fixtures and the Martin Freekie for the controller.

As far as setting up the fixtures and working them with the controller we are fine. I can make them do whatever I want manually. We need some better understanding of automating it with controller. Setting scenes and movements and storing them in shows specifically.

Any resources you can point me to would be great.

Thanks,

J

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't have anything to add to help you, but I'm curious as well. I need to be able to set up a complete show that's basically automated. I've been looking into this using a simple MIDI controller set to a specific channel, and getting a MIDI controllable DMX board. Theoretically, I can set up every one of my scenes, and have the MIDI controller send a "change to next scene" command... which will allow me to tap-dance my way on stage to a great light show, albeit being a little stupid looking in the process. It's the only way I can actually teach the guy what I want the system to do, though, that I can think of... and I don't want to automate it 100% because we don't play to a click.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Okay.. This is a long shot, but it could be helpful.

Most of the big lighting desk companies offer free tuition on their desks. Why? because the lighting companies buy for the lighting designers and operators. The preference is theirs.

Avolites have sold many desks on the strength of their free tuition to serious lighting bods. Flying Pig Systems (now owned by High End) always used to charge for their tuition so most of the people I know learnt the Avo Pearl/Sapphire instead.

You can get a lot of free information if you need it. It might be a little over the average lighting persons head, but you will learn.. Something... ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Rimmer

Okay.. This is a long shot, but it could be helpful.

Most of the big lighting desk companies offer free tuition on their desks. Why? because the lighting companies buy for the lighting designers and operators. The preference is theirs.

Avolites have sold many desks on the strength of their free tuition to serious lighting bods. Flying Pig Systems (now owned by High End) always used to charge for their tuition so most of the people I know learnt the Avo Pearl/Sapphire instead.

You can get a lot of free information if you need it. It might be a little over the average lighting persons head, but you will learn.. Something...
;)

Do you have any links?

• Members

Originally posted by Styrerra

Do you have any links?

The two bigs boys in the lighting desk world are Flying Pigs who make the Whole Hog or Avolites who make a bunch of desk. Most famously the Pearl and the Sapphire.

Both companies may send you a free video (if you are a lighting designer or operator) and offer you free tuition.

Archived