Software

Joe

• Members

I just got a Behringer EUROLIGHT LC2412 DMX console, 4 Behringer EUROLIGHT LD6230 6-CH dimmer packs, 4 American DJ LTS-10 stands, 16 PAR 64's and 8 PAR 56's, gels, cables, racks, and cases, etc. My question is, does anyone know of any good (and cheap) software that can be use with a laptop to control the LC2412?

• Members

Hey thanks, I've done a search and haven't found any kool (and cheap) software either. Our band just bought all this stuff about a week ago so I'm still learning about it, but the LC2412 is a neat little mixer and easy to program. What dimmer packs are you using? We also got two American DJ FS-688/A follow-spots and are thinking about adding 4 small ellipsoidal's but we haven't been able to find any small one's (300 or 500 watters and for cheap) any idea's? We also need some multi AC pwr boxes (6-CH) to go from our LD6230 dimmers to the trees so we don't have to run a wad of AC extension cords, but don't know where to get them?

• Members

I'm actually not using any dimmers right now -- I'm using all intelligents. Four scanners, three color changers, two moons, and soon to be including my LED pods and a strobe. I've got a bunch of Par 64 cans, but I don't have them on dimmers, as I'm going to be selling them to get 38s or something that I can actually use without blowing the piss out of the circuit breaker, and without having to convince the owners to let me wire in a distro. ( :mad: )

The LC2412 is indeed pretty cool, great for the money. Be careful with it; my first one had to be replaced within three weeks and hadn't ever left the house! Make sure you've got a CF or PCMCIA card to store that data on, because it really sucks losing it due to sending it out for warranty work.

I'll hopefully be adding some linear array LED fixtures soon, but I'm broke right now. :(

• Members

Slickdeals.net always has great prices on CF cards. I got my 128m card for $5 off there about two months ago.

As for a CF to PCMCIA adapter, search Google... you can find them for about $10 almost anywhere. CompUSA has them for $20 locally.

If you can't find them at decent prices let me know, I run a computer store, I can see what I can do. :) We can't touch the $5 (or even $10) CF cards though. Keep an eye on Slickdeals for those.

• Members

Joe said:

We also got two American DJ FS-688/A follow-spots and are thinking about adding 4 small ellipsoidal's but we haven't been able to find any small one's (300 or 500 watters and for cheap) any idea's? We also need some multi AC pwr boxes (6-CH) to go from our LD6230 dimmers to the trees so we don't have to run a wad of AC extension cords, but don't know where to get them?

Check out http://www.usedlighting.com for fixtures and socaplex distribution cables. They always have soca cables as well as male and female distribution ends (usually stage pin, unfortunately, but easily replaced.) Under their "Accessories" section they usually have Par Bars, too.

• Members

Originally posted by Never_Grew_Up

Check out
for fixtures and socaplex distribution cables. They always have soca cables as well as male and female distribution ends (usually stage pin, unfortunately, but easily replaced.) Under their "Accessories" section they usually have Par Bars, too.

Very cool... never knew about that place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Zeromus-X

Good luck!! I've got an LC2412 and I've yet to find decent software that will work for it.

Just program it using the console... it takes less time than finding something that'll do it on the laptop!

Just a thought - Doesn't the LC2412 have a midi interface?

Can you use midi sequencer software to control it?

• Members
Originally posted by Never_Grew_Up

Just a thought - Doesn't the LC2412 have a midi interface?

Can you use midi sequencer software to control it?

The Behringer LC2412 has Midi and works with Cakewalk, Cubase, Logic, etc.

• Members
Originally posted by BillESC

Hi Joe,

You should take a look at NSI's new Axis software for DMX programming. Nice layout, all the features of Light Jockey and quite inexpensive... (call me for pricing.)

NSI uses there own proprietary transfer protocol, so I'm not sure if it's 100% compatible with the Behringer LC2412.

• Members

Let me see if I understand this....

You design a show on a computer, then transfer the program to a stand alone hardware device to run the show?

Does the pre-programmed show sync to MIDI? or what?

What hardware devices are needed for onstage control?

• Members

Unfortunately no. The Chauvet DMX 50 uses only an Eprom memory chip and can only sync data from another like Eprom.

NSI is working on a simple playback unit but it is some time away from market.

For digital DJ's using a software program is no problem since they already carry a computer.

• Members

The Behringer can store to a CF card... I really wish there was some way to rip the stored data to the computer. Hell, I'd love to be able to edit the individual DMX values, for example, to make sure everything's "perfect."

A program that would display the show on the computer, rather than me spending two hours to set it up in my living room, sure would be nice too!!

• Members

My Apologies. I was misinformed.

The Axis software program is not downloadable at this time and can only operate from a computer platform.

I've spoken to the programmers at NSI about designing a utility to allow up and downloading... I'll keep you up to date on the progress.

Archived