Microphones on "American Idol"?

• Members

I don't know that answer, but since you bring up AI I have a comment....

I noticed the last 2 years that the "sound" for the finale has stunk. They do the regular season in one venue ( what appears to be a large sound stage at a TV studio) and then switch to some huge theater for the last show. The vocals have been really brassy and in need of deessing in these last shows.

I've also noticed the singers go off pitch way more often and seem much less comfortable in the shows with live bands.

• Members

Originally posted by RainsongDR1000

What kind of mics are used for "American Idol"? Looks kinda like a wireless Shure beta57 with a foam pop filter.

I don't think I've ever seen a B-57 wireless. I'll bet it was a B-87A or C if it was a Shure. Maybe the B-57 element will fit the same thread body as the B58 grille???

• Members

I do know that I can put SM58 grills on my Beta 57's, but I don't know about the wireless ones. I don't know if the capsules are interchangable. I do know that Shure doesn't have a Beta 57 as a standard option for wireless, but I don't know why anyone would request them to be built with a Beta 57 capsule when the normal choices should be just fine.

My guess is they were either Beta 58's or Beta 87's.

• Members
Originally posted by abzurd

I don't know that answer, but since you bring up AI I have a comment....

I noticed the last 2 years that the "sound" for the finale has stunk. They do the regular season in one venue ( what appears to be a large sound stage at a TV studio) and then switch to some huge theater for the last show. The vocals have been really brassy and in need of deessing in these last shows.

I've also noticed the singers go off pitch way more often and seem much less comfortable in the shows with live bands.

I can't agree more I think the whole sound thing was awful including the Ballance between music and singer! ps i think the best person won>

• Members

Hmm...Neuman in wireless format. That sounds like a great idea, until one gets dropped...

But it wouldn't suprise me at all if that's what it was. Personally, I don't keep up with that show, so I have no idea.

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

I hate to sound like a hick... But what is "American Idol"? Is this something like "The Partridge Family" or some-sort of re-vamped "Mickey Mouse Show"? The private labeled mic & boombox is interesting... or is that a kid's lunch pail? Do kids still pack lunch pails to school?

So now I'm picturing Mark's computer.....:eek:

apple-1-front-small.jpg

You gotta be workin round the clock in the middle of nowhere to not know what American Idol is..... Oh, wait....

It's basically an overblown talent show (vocalists 15 - 24) that focuses as much or more on drama than talent. It's on FOX so that doesn't surprise. Do you even get TV where you live?:p

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

I hate to sound like a hick... But what is "American Idol"?

a very big Kareoke contest !!!

The guy who won it last year, Reuben, had never heard of it

either. He accompanied a friend to the audition and decided

to try out when he got there.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

Mark... don't feel too badly... I don't know what the show is either!

I wish that I didn't know about that show. Not only is the show terrible, the theme music sucks, and gets stuck inside your head.

I'm kind of getting tired of the "reality" shows.

• Members

Originally posted by garageman

The guy who won it last year, Reuben, had never heard of it

either. He accompanied a friend to the audition and decided

to try out when he got there.

haha! didnt know that :cool:

Archived