And then along comes Midas......

• Members

Originally posted by Scodiddly

Some very interesting discussions have been happening over in the SR forums at prosoundweb.

Ya the rental alliance is pretty neat idea, but i imagine there could be some wars happening when they quote the same event and have to rent there own console back from the guy who lost the bid. id like to see the method they alocate these with.

I guess i just feel lucky i will never have a XL8 payment ....that is clear line in the sand......out of my leauge (and budget).

Ill wait for the Digital Sienna to hit!

• Members

The XL8 is obviously designed for the large scale national/international circuit, Broadway, and major league huge budget corporate, and not the small meat and potatos club providers. As with other consoles such as the Digico, PM1and 5D etc., this is an elite market of massive dollars and exposure.

• Members

Yeah, but they didn't write all that software just to sell 100 consoles max. Plus all that processing and in/out is broken up into small modules. I've already predicted they will be selling smaller versions, though probably not as small as the Venice.

• Members

100 consoles X $250,000=$250,000,000.

250 million dollars....not a bad chunk of change....and my guess is they'll sell 2-3x that at least. There are several companies that specialize in high end console rentals that'll by a dozen of them at least, not to mention Clair, 8th Day, and others that will order several.

• Members

Originally posted by where02190

100 consoles X $250,000=$250,000,000.

250 million dollars....not a bad chunk of change....and my guess is they'll sell 2-3x that at least. There are several companies that specialize in high end console rentals that'll by a dozen of them at least, not to mention Clair, 8th Day, and others that will order several.

And those will be bought at a very deep discount...

Archived