peavey cab wiring.. Yellow & Blue? pos? neg?

• Members

hey yall i was relacing a speaker in a peavey single 18 sub cabinet and instead of red and black it has yellow and blue wires in it.. i forgot which were hooked up before n want to get it right (in phase). ive listened to it hooked up both ways and cant tell the difference.. please help

• Members

hey yall i was relacing a speaker in a peavey single 18 sub cabinet and instead of red and black it has yellow and blue wires in it.. i forgot which were hooked up before n want to get it right (in phase). ive listened to it hooked up both ways and cant tell the difference.. please help

Yellow +

Blue -

"Unless someone rewired it for you at the jack"

Dookietwo

• Members

While there are a couple Peavey techs (and one ex-tech) that post here often, I find that going to www.peavey.com - pro audio forum the best way to get answers for all things Peavey. You do have to register first. They actually have people who's part of their job to monitor the forums and will get you answers on all Peavey stuff no matter the age AND very willing to discuss other brands used with the Peavey gear. A great forum. And great support from the company ;>)

Boomerweps

• Members

ive listened to it hooked up both ways and cant tell the difference.. please help

By itself there would be no difference to hear. It only becomes an issue when other speakers are involved.

Peavey wiring uses the yellow as + and the blue as - as far as polarity goes.

Archived