Al's Yorkville E10P review

• Members

Al

Everyone seems to love the QSC Hpr122i's. They run very close to the same price.( They seem to run $1900 or less a pair on ebay) Have you thought about finding one to compare to the yorkies? I would before spending $1800.

Dookietwo

I am thinking of getting a second pair of NX55Ps instead of the E10Ps. I think 2 pairs of NX55Ps (one on the floor and one on stands) would handle most weddings/occasions I do without the need for sub reinforcement. The QSCs would be great, but I already have a 900$ deposit that I have to spend with my dealer who, doesn't deal with QSC.... So it's either NX55Ps or NX750Ps for now...

Al :)

• Members

But for $199.00, I better stop before I start a vomit epidemic.

:lol: Yeah, I know what you mean. I've always been a Yorkville man, and will continue to be, as I have always had good with Yorkville's gear and believe in paying a little extra for the extra quality built into their products. I was curious about the B212As however, after reading so many positive reviews and seeing their ridiculous price. My wife didn't mind me getting them, simply because of the price and they have worked very well as monitors. Also, because of the price, I don't care what I do with them. A few days after I received them, I took them outside on New Year's day (in the middle of winter) and set them up on a picnic table full of snow to play some music as our family and relatives were sliding... They are tiny little buggers which makes it easy to throw one in the van as a spare when I go out to DJ my gigs. It usually stays in the van, as I prefer to hide the B product. ;) Especially since everything else I own is Yorkville, Peavey, Yamaha. Nevertheless, they have surprised me...

So now you know. :) Sorry to those I've disapointed. I hope you still love me. :cry: My wife made me do it. :lol:

Al - Party-Time! DJ Services

• Members

Hey Al,

Did you ever try a single LS800P with the 2 NX55Ps? I kind of like a single sub with two tops - (for portability). And I've not seen this option reviewed.

Portability? The LS800P is almost 140 pounds. :eek: Also, I think the LS800P might be a little too much for the NX55Ps to keep up with. Ideally, I would use a pair of LS720Ps (or NX720P) with a pair of NX55Ps. Even my single LS700P has no problem keeping up with the NX55Ps by itself.

Al

• Members

The QSCs would probably sound better than anything you own. My local music store carries QSC, JBL,Mackie, Peavey, Db technologies and Blowinger powered speakers. The QSC is hands down the best sounding to me,my band and everyone who works at the store.

I wonder if my dealer CAN order QSCs? I'll have to check I guess. I think I would still prefer a second pair of NX55Ps however. I really love the sound of these cabinets. Almost like ultra output home stereo speakers. I love the very versatile mixer section too. It's cool to be able to mix both a microphone and a music source and have EQ control as well - all built-in. If cash is a bit tight, I'll settle for a single NX750P for now. I've been wanting to hear those for quite some time...Decisions, decisions....

Al :)

• Members

I wonder if my dealer CAN order QSCs? I'll have to check I guess. I think I would still prefer a second pair of NX55Ps however. I really love the sound of these cabinets. Almost like ultra output home stereo speakers. I love the very versatile mixer section too. It's cool to be able to mix both a microphone and a music source and have EQ control as well - all built-in. If cash is a bit tight, I'll settle for a single NX750P for now. I've been wanting to hear those for quite some time...Decisions, decisions....

Al
:)

Thanks for the review I think E10 would work great for front line vocal wedges IMO because of the portability pretty light cab and with enough of them on the front line shouldn't have any probs hearing vocals on a fairly loud stage when properly rang out for FB. As far as the NX750P our drummer has one for his Roland TD20 drum wedge All I can say he really loves it because it gives him the low end that he like for the kick and great mid/highs. :love: You wouldn't be disappointed. :thu: Only gripe we have is just one handle makes it awkward to mount on speaker pole by yourself other then that these boxes sound great and have plenty of low end if need be for DJ like yourself.

FWIW I did my first DJ gig as a favor for some friends a few weeks back I used a pair NX35's along with a single LS700P at a backyard B-day party up in the Ozarks beautiful backyard. :thu: Only prob was my mixer a Peavey RQ 14 channel mixer is way over kill for the 2 pre-programmed Ipod's I used and not having a crossfader. But since my mixer does have 2 stereo channels I just mixed between the 2 channels for cross fading. A battle mixer would have been nice. :)

Archived