If You Owned This Pedal....

ksl

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

due to the location of the slide switch, I doubt there is much one could find that could extend it's height and girth with enough stability that would not run into the two knobs.

I would think one could 'craft' something that would extend below the switch...still, that would have to be either superglued to the switch, or the extension would have to be mechanically 'pinned' to the original switch tip, maybe a small set screw....or two

I see a 3d printer in your future, Kenny....

• Like 1

• Members

As DM said, an extension of that switch would be the best answer without modifying the housing. But it's going to break. He knows it, I know it, you know it, it will break with the first time you hit it a bit too hard, or you tap it sideways.

Drill the box, add a push/push DPDT switch, and lose some % of the value of the pedal when you go to sell it.  It's not like modifying a 57 Paul with a Floyd.

Edited by badpenguin
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, badpenguin said:

As DM said, an extension of that switch would be the best answer without modifying the housing. But it's going to break. He knows it, I know it, you know it, it will break with the first time you hit it a bit too hard, or you tap it sideways.

Drill the box, add a push/push DPDT switch, and lose some % of the value of the pedal when you go to sell it.  It's not like modifying a 57 Paul with a Floyd.

The issue with that approach is, of course, if that slide switch is mounted to the internal PCB, or attached somehow to the box, but my money is on the PCB, which makes the modification just a tad more PITA than just adding a new hole/switch...height clearance, etc....:wave:

ksl, Just buy a second unit and keep one set on chorale and the other on tremolo....:thu:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, badpenguin said:

You're right, it's probably on a circuit board. But NOT the big on/off switch I bet. I am sure there's room to drill and add a switch.

probably right through the 'C' in VIBRACLONE...but ksl doesn't wanna drill, baby, drill....so:idk:

I thought my 2-unit suggestion was simple and elegant....wrong, sure, but it does solve the primary issue....within the stated parameters.😉

• Like 1