Mini Analog Delay Pedal Wanted.....

ksl

• Members

My go to pedal for echo/delay is my BOSS RV3, I use it mostly for the excellent verbage, but delay wise it can go from 32-2000ms. Found it on cl for 80 bucks. Oh, and it's stereo.

Or you can one of these. Donner 7 Modes Delay Effects Guitar Pedal Digital Analog Tape Mod Sweep Reverse 611851712143 | eBay Had one similar, worked fine, until it didn't.

Edited by badpenguin

• Moderators

The Boss RV3 is a great pedal, but to my knowledge, they have not released a 'mini' version, which is one of his criteria.:wave:

The reason I asked if he really needed a whole second of delay was that getting a long delay in a mini case seems challenging...the Xvive Echoman is a good analog unit, but only goes to 600ms. The Mooer REECHO gets up to 780...MXR Carbon Copy only goes up to 600...I can't think of any that clear that hurdle in that config...but there could be.

• Members
On 10/21/2023 at 1:57 AM, daddymack said:

do you really need a full second of delay?

Hey D'MACK,, I'm not a 'regular' user of delay... period.... but when I do, it's typical for triumphant leads & effect,, &, for me & my senses, there's that great spatiality in that 800ms or so range....

Yeah, 1 sec is too much, but 600ms ain't enough.... I settled on a Red Witch Violetta~  Thnx ॐ💃 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ksl said:

Hey D'MACK,, I'm not a 'regular' user of delay... period.... but when I do, it's typical for triumphant leads & effect,, &, for me & my senses, there's that great spatiality in that 800ms or so range....

Yeah, 1 sec is too much, but 600ms ain't enough.... I settled on a Red Witch Violetta~  Thnx ॐ💃 

Funny, after doing more looking, the Violetta was one I was going to suggest...until I saw the Mr. Black post....the Red Witch Violetta is definitely a better choice if you were looking for analog-style delay, compared to the Mr. Black. Another good one is the Walrus Fundamental, which does 1 full second delay....

btw, 1 full second isn't too much, but it depends on what you are doing with that second....I've typically found 500ms to provide a nice soft, deep, 'sensory' effect, which was why I asked.

Enjoy your new toy!