Sign in to follow this  
pgtcobra

JBL SF-25 Used speaker ??? good or bad

Hi! I found not far from home, a pair of Peavy SP4G for about $ 300 a pair in good condition.

What do you think with 1 or 2 Crown CL800 used $300 each?

http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80301834.pdf

Thank you

The Peavey SP is a much better box than the SF.

But, man, the Sp4 is just huge. Even that massively oversized 2x15 JBL looks tiny next to it.

Is there any reason you're so set on a 2x15? I mean, how do you intend to elevate them enough to get the horns above peoples' heads?

Hi

Why 2x15 inches, but not needing to use a subwoofer, and then I do not find anything strong enough in a 1x15 inch price.

I will probably mount the funds needed 2-3 feet, but as I said earlier, I had a party with 2 EV 2x15 inch and it was directly on the floor and I was very satisfied with his product EQ....

I will not move, they will be permanent.

I am in a small town and there are only 3 stores music equipment very small and the choice is rare at least 3-4 hours to drive.

Otherwise, did you look at the Community TD2212 or TD2215 I mentioned above?

Those Community boxes were an oddball design that were only in production a few years. Could be that there were problems with them or maybe they just didn't catch on or couldn't be produced at the price point needed. Who knows. They are an interesting design that I wouldn't mind listening to. It's unlikely you'll find anyone that knows anything about them though.

:facepalm::cry::confused:

Yorkville nx35-----------------479$

Yorkville nx300---------------410$

Yorkville yx15-----------------389$

Yorkville yx150---------------559$

Microh nr15-------------------399$

Microh vs121II---------------459$

Wharfedale titan 15--------359$

B-52 MATRIX 1000 V2----------------1275.00$ http://www.b-52pro.com/products/Matrix1000V2.html

YAMAHA STAGEPAS 500-CA---------1150.00$ http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/products/pa_systems/stagepas500/index.html

If you are OK with the "giantness" of the Peavey's the price is right. It's certainly a plus that they won't be moved.

Other than that I can tell you that, while they sound very nice, the NX35's (and nx300's) aren't going to like being slammed with bass. While I like Yorkville, the YX is essentially their lowest line and not very good. They are plywood, but that's the highlight.

I don't know about the others. Never even heard of Microh. It seems like you need amps too. If that's the case, you really should consider powered speakers. They'll likely stretch your budget though as there aren't many in the used market.

the sp4g's are not significantly bigger than the JRX/SF but they are a little deeper. a friend of mine has a pair he runs with a plx3402 and honestly they are not bad. i could use these, and i have to say the horns sound cleaner than my clubs.

if you can get the sp4g's for not too steep a price they will walk all over the SF.

speaker-sp4g-49hx21dx26w.jpg

edit: i forgot to add they are not better than a good double 12" and they certainly need subs for any whoomp.

the sp4g's are not significantly bigger than the JRX/SF but they are a little deeper. .

They're way bigger. Deeper, taller, and wider. I am surprised how huge they are every time I see them.

I'll look it up, hold on.

i agree they are slightly larger but 'way bigger' i disagree. to me 'way bigger' would be an mtl-1x or a srx728.

i agree they are slightly larger but 'way bigger' i disagree. to me 'way bigger' would be an mtl-1x or a srx728.

The size difference between a JRX and a Sp4 is roughly the same as the size difference as between, say, the SP4 and one of those big sub boxes you mentioned-- 3 to 6 inches in each dimension.

I guess in my mind, that's "way bigger".

Obviously, the SP4 is a much better speaker than the JRX (which I do not like in any way).

Hi everybody!

I went to listen with a friend yesterday and I was surprised at the condition of the speakers and even a full power, no bad sound or little wear.

The advantage of PEAVEY, is that I know very well the 15-inch Black Wido who repaired very well and bottom of each $ 100 if it comes a brie.

The diaphragm also not too expensive $ 60-70 and repaired easy very well...

with a crown 800CLS

The only problems with them Peavey's are that they are not very portable and the gear snobs will point and laugh at anything that doesn't say "JBL" on them :p. For your needs they sound ideal :). Good luck (even if you are Qu

The black widows have what's known as a "field replaceable basket". If they fail you can order a new woofer and change it out yourself. Again, if you're not going to be moving it around much it's not a bad way to go. The price is certainly right.

The size difference between a JRX and a Sp4 is roughly the same as the size difference as between, say, the SP4 and one of those big sub boxes you mentioned-- 3 to 6 inches in each dimension.

I guess in my mind, that's "way bigger".

In my mind too.

I guess the JRX seems a little small because it isn't that deep. Tall, a little wide but not too deep.

I have 1 yamaha S215IV and it's a deep cab, kinda akward to move, not as deep as the Peavey DTH stuff but similar. And if you're the only one moving it (and it will happen, on a tuesday when you have to get something from that part of the garage) it can be a PITA.