JBL SF-25 Used speaker ??? good or bad

• Members

SF Sound Factor speakers were pretty much an entry level speaker (maybe a tiny bit better than the JRX stuff but in build quality only). A pair working for $100 would be a pretty good deal but I'd have to agree....Save your money.

• Members

ok ... this jbl is not better than Yorkville YX15 etc?

Why save my money???

For a room of 125-150 people and is not a big budget. The boxes are like new. They served only 6-7 times

Otherwise I would have Community TD2212 or TD2215, but a lot more expensive and I would not have enough money to grow the amplifier ...

But with the JBL SF25 no need subwoofer for this room

• CMS Author

ok ... this jbl is not better than Yorkville YX15 etc?

Why save my money???

For a room of 125-150 people and is not a big budget. The boxes are like new. They served only 6-7 times

Otherwise I would have Community TD2212 or TD2215, but a lot more expensive and I would not have enough money to grow the amplifier ...

But with the JBL SF25 no need subwoofer for this room

Where are you located? This info will be helpful to know what might be available to you. It also will help to know what physical size your typical 125-150 person venue space actually might be. In some parts of the world, 150 person venues are quite large...in others they shoehorn 150 folks into tiny crowded rooms. Makes a difference when you're talking about covering a room with a very low budget.

The Community would be MUCH better speakers than JBL Soundfactor. SF is at least 5 or more years old...I'm hard-pressed to believe the story you're told of them only being used 6-7 times. I'd much rather see you use good speakers with less power than crap speakers with plenty of power. Speakers are more important than amps.

The bottom line is that SF is crap with a JBL logo. I'd no sooner recommend them than Nady, Behringer, or any other entry-level junk speakers.

See if you can find some Yamaha Clubs, or Peavey SP series, or JBL MPro or MRX.

• Members

Where are you located? This info will be helpful to know what might be available to you. It also will help to know what physical size your typical 125-150 person venue space actually might be. In some parts of the world, 150 person venues are quite large...in others they shoehorn 150 folks into tiny crowded rooms. Makes a difference when you're talking about covering a room with a very low budget.

The Community would be MUCH better speakers than JBL Soundfactor. SF is at least 5 or more years old...I'm hard-pressed to believe the story you're told of them only being used 6-7 times. I'd much rather see you use good speakers with less power than crap speakers with plenty of power. Speakers are more important than amps.

The bottom line is that SF is crap with a JBL logo. I'd no sooner recommend them than Nady, Behringer, or any other entry-level junk speakers.

See if you can find some Yamaha Clubs, or Peavey SP series, or JBL MPro or MRX.

Ok but im live in Quebec Canada and i have only 1100$ CAD of cash for this move and I am not seeking perfection but just better than being with those funds without a name and very old.

The use is about 8 parties in the year and some bingo, etc..

• CMS Author

OK if you say except on other forums, say that they do good except for size, but they will never be displaced. Not have a big budget and not looking for perfection of a $ 2000 cash speaker just improved the boxes that are currently without a name and defective at 100$

Thus, the TD2215 or TD2212 Community or Yorkville YX35 or NX35 except it will need a subwoofer.

Otherwise I would have done well 2 NX55P with 2 LS720P with a good mixer but no cash for this

Currently in my house I have 2 JBL 4530 with the heads and I can tell you that it plays a lot better than most in new PA box and I see no reason why the JBL SF-25 using roughly the same type horn of 15 inches and would be different if ..

Are you seeking honest opinions based on experience, or support for a poor purchase choice? You've been second-guessing the replies through this entire thread.

You'll need subwoofers at some point no matter which of these speakers you buy. Don't assume the SF-25 will deliver strong clear subwoofer sound...it won't.

The size of the speaker box and the "roughly the same type horn" do not make the SF anything at all like JBL's real speakers. It's a cheap speaker, cheap horn, cheap CD driver, cheap crossover. It's built to meet a cheap price point. Just because it says JBL on the box doesn't mean it's a good speaker.

• Members

As mentioned, it's purely a price point speaker that uses the cheapest components possible to resemble a speaker cabinet. Yes, it will work in the sense that something will come out of it. If that's all your seeking to confirm and/or accomplish then buy them.

To be specific to your question of "Do you have good reviews for a pair of JBL SF-25?" the answer is clearly no we do not. The amount of money you have avaliable to you is irrelevent to your question. It's silly to ask a question and then argue the answer based on "that's all I can afford". Look around for something else used in your price point and come back to ask if it would be a better solution, but don't attempt to sway the jury on the pretense that you're broke and impatient.

• Members

OK I'm really sorry, it's just that it's really urgent and that nobody has answered my question in all the choices I had in other subjects.

Otherwise be clear to me and said $ 1100 CANADIAN what should I buy now no more than 2 weeks.

• Members

What they said. Cheap double 15's are a waste of money and a pain to transport and set up. There's nothing really attractive about them at all except their looks. :confused: Ha! What I mean is that the beauty is truly skin deep. They lack personality and don't put out as advertised :p OK.... I'll stop now.

• Members

What they said. Cheap double 15's are a waste of money and a pain to transport and set up. There's nothing really attractive about them at all except their looks.
:confused:
Ha! What I mean is that the beauty is truly skin deep. They lack personality and don't put out as advertised
:p
OK.... I'll stop now.

I had a party at the end of the week with 2 EV 15-inch double in the same principle as JBL and I was very satisfied for a party of 300 people.

• CMS Author

I had a party at the end of the week with 2 EV 15-inch double in the same principle as JBL and I was very satisfied for a party of 300 people.

You should note that abzurd wrote "cheap double 15's...". Emphasis on cheap in this case. While there are good quality 2x15 cabinets, they start around $1000 and higher.

• Members

Ok thank you! RealMC for your reply

I will go evening to a store that was received full of used equipment if there is not something interesting.

Otherwise

2X Community TD2212 or TD2215 (demo ) ( 4 ohm ) 1176$ for the 2212 and 1332$ for 2215

2X Yorkville NX35 ( 8 ohm ) +/-1000$

2X Yorkville YX15 ou NX300 ( 8 ohm ) +/-1000$

• Members

Hi! I found not far from home, a pair of Peavy SP4G for about $ 300 a pair in good condition.

What do you think with 1 or 2 Crown CL800 used $300 each?

Thank you

They are a fair bit better than the JBL SF speakers and a good deal at $300. I still say at single 15 is a better bet for you though. These things are 135 lbs and large. Just more trouble than likely worth versus a solid single 15" cabinet, but if you're dead set on a lower end double 15 this isn't a bad way to go.

Archived