Bridge On Fender Squier Bass VI....

ksl

• Members

Greetings folks,,, now that I have the bass in hand, the bridge is simply flopping around in it's holes in the body,,, I'm an electric guitarist, but my intuition tells me that this is not an optimum setup, & that the bridge would perhaps sit better in a threaded receptacle or even drilled directly into the body.... Is there something that most all new Bass VI owners do to improve on this flimsy setup??  thnx 20221223_182817.thumb.jpg.d0c6f7d9e20025ed79ff93251b8f5760.jpg20221223_182737.thumb.jpg.7e971093c6cc5577c73414b0a80ee453.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Hey there! Congrats on snagging that bass! Now, let's talk about that floppy bridge situation. Yeah, it's definitely not the best setup, but fret not (pun intended), there are ways to improve it. One popular upgrade among Bass VI owners is using threaded receptacles called "body bushings." These bad boys provide a sturdy fit for the bridge, keeping it nice and stable. Another option, if you're feeling adventurous, is drilling directly into the body. Just keep in mind that it's a more permanent mod. For the best online guitar parts, hit up some legit stores and explore your options. And hey, if you're unsure, don't hesitate to consult a guitar tech for some pro advice. Rock on and enjoy that solid bridge action!