Jamman looper just stopped…no electric

Larry Franklin

• Members

My jamman looper just stopped…no lights no electric. I have two transformers (both work and have been used recently) so both of them don’t work…must be the jamman itself.  Any ideas?  Circuit breaker or fuse?  Bad connection?  I’ve tried everything…still dead…no electric getting to jamman!  Any ideas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 9/30/2022 at 5:28 PM, Larry Franklin said:

Any ideas?

Call or email Digitech and see if they can do anything, I've read they have good customer service for stuff like this, but if it's no longer made, they may not be able to fix it. Maybe a local music electronics/amplifier tech could take a look, but that'll cost you a bench fee. 

I wouldn't attempt any DIY repair without some detailed information, namely a schematic and board layout. A looper pedal is very complex compared to most pedals so the circuit board is most likely crammed with tiny SMT components. 

• Like 1

• Members
12 hours ago, daddymack said:

This was actually helpful, because I stumbled across this... I took a screen shot and added a big green arrow where the "fuse" is....

JamMan_fusible_link.png.b8182e63e907b336835081e55e18eda8.png

It's almost certainly soldered in place, and probably doesn't even look like a fuse, but probably looks like a resistor. If the circuit board is marked (most are) look for the 'F1' near the power jack. A local electronic, audio, amplifier or pedal tech maybe able to replace this for you. 

I see that this pedal is AC powered, it's critical that you always use the correct power supply with AC powered pedals. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Mr.Grumpy said:

This was actually helpful, because I stumbled across this... I took a screen shot and added a big green arrow where the "fuse" is....

JamMan_fusible_link.png.b8182e63e907b336835081e55e18eda8.png

It's almost certainly soldered in place, and probably doesn't even look like a fuse, but probably looks like a resistor. If the circuit board is marked (most are) look for the 'F1' near the power jack. A local electronic, audio, amplifier or pedal tech maybe able to replace this for you. 

I see that this pedal is AC powered, it's critical that you always use the correct power supply with AC powered pedals.

Good catch, Mr. G!

I recall that, years ago, when I was researching loopers for a 'shootout thread'* I did, that one caveat for the Jamman was about using ONLY the Digitech power supply [there were others, but not germane to his issue].

*FWIW, IIRC the Jamman came in 3rd in the Shootout...the winner was the Boss RC-30 [which I still own, but rarely use now]