So I thought HC defaulted or something.

1001gear

• Members
1 hour ago, 1001gear said:

This time the notice was from Invision and had the tone of GFY. Be that as it may, here it are again and the HC bookmark favicon is a cool Invision logo.

I thought they really pulled the plug this time

• Like 2

• Members
1 hour ago, gardo said:

I thought they really pulled the plug this time

Lol I also.

1 hour ago, gardo said:

It’s like a Tesla, it operates on auto pilot until it crashes 

This got a laugh because the roll eyes/ freak thing causes constipation in the ratings.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, daddymack said:

I was certain we were goners after 48 hours down.

no, nothing was said to us mods, and we have no direct line to the owners.

Same here. I was fearing for the worst.. 

Let's hope everything is good now 🤞

• Thanks 1

• Members
2 hours ago, 1001gear said:

This is funnier. I joined Mark Wein's forum to inquire about it. :D

I'm now Drummist over there. Maybe I'll take up guitar...

I joined there too. several years ago after Great Dane quit posting here. I posted there a few times then came back here. I’m probably still a noob or something 

• Members

I thought the same thing too, that the plug had been pulled without warning, as the display banner appeared to be from an ISP and not the old "HC forum is down for maintenance"

I suppose the moderators are paid something although I suspect it's not much as it's basically a work-from-home job. Does Dendy Jarret work full time on HC or does he have other duties?  In any case, if the owners do decide to pull the plug, a little notice would be nice so we can say our goodbyes and settle up our gambling debts. Who owns HC now anyway, It was SWEETWATER, last time I heard, was it not? And before that it was Gibson, and before that it was Cakewalk/Roland, and before that it was Musician's Friend...

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Mr.Grumpy said:

I thought the same thing too, that the plug had been pulled without warning, as the display banner appeared to be from an ISP and not the old "HC forum is down for maintenance"

I suppose the moderators are paid something although I suspect it's not much as it's basically a work-from-home job. Does Dendy Jarret work full time on HC or does he have other duties?  In any case, if the owners do decide to pull the plug, a little notice would be nice so we can say our goodbyes and settle up our gambling debts. Who owns HC now anyway, It was SWEETWATER, last time I heard, was it not? And before that it was Gibson, and before that it was Cakewalk/Roland, and before that it was Musician's Friend...

your supposition is incorrect. I am an unpaid volunteer, as are the rest of the mods here...AFAIK.

Since we have no contact with the owners, who would be 'paying us'?

And yes, we are of the opinion it is currently Sweetwater.  But nothing official was ever given to us. One day, Anderton, Dendy, Phil and the other guys you didn't see, like Loeffler....all logged off. No guidance, no 'here's the key to the admin codes', no in case of emergency contact:www.xxx-X.fu, nope...'hasta la vista, good luck....'

well not exactly...but pretty much.

But the ship is still afloat, we just can't get to the wheel house to steer it.

All we can do is repel boarders and keep the peace.

Thankfully it is sllloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Members
54 minutes ago, daddymack said:

your supposition is incorrect. I am an unpaid volunteer, as are the rest of the mods here...AFAIK.

And yes, we are of the opinion it is currently Sweetwater.  But nothing official was ever given to us. One day, Anderton, Dendy, Phil and the other guys you didn't see, like Loeffler....all logged off. No guidance, no 'here's the key to the admin codes', no in case of emergency contact:www.xxx-X.fu, nope...'hasta la vista, good luck....'

There’s the problem, all of the boarders have been repelled 

• Like 2

• Members
59 minutes ago, daddymack said:

Thanks for having on 

• Members
1 hour ago, daddymack said:

The flat Earthers better be wrong.

• Members
2 minutes ago, daddymack said:

That's who we've been repelling....:eek2:

Hopefully not off the edge. eek The other last time this happened, I contacted Sweetwater and I got a couple responses denying they have anything to do with HC. Pointing out their Banner topped the forum site yielded no change in response.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, daddymack said:

Wait.. you're not getting paid for this? Then who's the one dropping me off duffel bags of cash at the park trash bin every month? 😨

2 hours ago, Mr.Grumpy said:

Thanks Daddymack for 'splaining further, not surprised the mods are volunteers, so THANKS AGAIN to you and Davey and Anton and whoever else is tasked with keeping order and hammering down the spam posts. 👍

But yes.. we're just volunteers. 😁

The frequency of spam posts have actually gotten better lately. The latest system is pretty good at filtering them out. During one of the previous versions of the forum, we used to get almost a full page of spam in each section, some days I had to spend up to half an hour to remove them all, and we also had more active moderators back then too.