Thoughts on an old power mixer

• Members

Is this "let's attack the moderator", or is there some reason for your attitude towards me in this thread in general, and the personal attacks in this post in particular?

I'm not attacking you I'm giving my opinion, plain and simple.

You might use a bit more tact in your responses, particularly since you are a moderator.

In normal circumstances when one asks an opinion and that is given it is tempered with some type of reasoning. Your responses to my queries have not one time been educational regarding your advice. It's a POS or it's been on the shelf too long do not address any question with a educational information and fall back to it's an opinion. An opinion not based in fact or reasonably verifiable information is just that, an opinion. Maybe I was remiss in stating my intentions as to the information I was seeking in my subject line but I cannot edit that to correct it and I thought I made my needs easily understood within my post.

If this is banning material so be it. It will definitely show your true colors.

Take my attitude as a direct response to yours. I'm too old to abide egos and, again, in my opinion, yours is larger than it should be.

There are many on this forum with knowledge far surpassing yours and they answer questions with insight and a friendly manner. Your history has shown otherwise.

Congratulations it's amazing a moderator could make anyone's ignore list.

I know it doesn't mean a hill of beans to you but it should be an embarrassment.

• Members

What's with all the attitude on the forums these days? Weather that hot?

Well... it is that hot... so up your's ok? Up everybody else's as far as I'm concerned. Who can think straight or get anything meaningful accomplished in this weather? It's so stupid hot it seems like a good time to go out and kick somebody's ass... and I'd do it too... if I could find any ambition and a cool spot to do the ass kicking. Anymore of this sort of stupid hot weather and... I'm gonna have to go find a cool place to take a nap... and everybody and everything can just go to pot as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'll get in my automobile vehicle which is equipped with air conditioning... crank the AC on high and aimlessly drive around for awhile.

Oh yea... and speaking of kicking somebody's ass... Paul Thorn's got something to say on that subject:

I especially like the photos of the crane picking the crane out of the harbor that was suppose to pick the crane out of the harbor that was suppose to pick something out of the harbor.

• Members

Who can think straight or get anything meaningful accomplished in this weather? It's so stupid hot

Your welcome to come to the U.P. of Michigan.

It actually got hot (to us) here today ~76 or so.

Summer temps, usually 50s in the AM, though it gets down into the 30s and 40s on occassion. Been here since 1995 and we've only had three or four days in the 100s.

• Members

Summer temps, usually 50s in the AM, though it gets down into the 30s and 40s on occassion. Been here since 1995 and we've only had three or four days in the 100s.

It reached 26 degrees celcius here yesterday. That's 79 farenheit approximately.

That may not sound like much, but it's the middle of winter here!!

• Members

When I first went to work in the Alaska bush... on the Gulf of Alaska... I'd just climbed off an open platform combine after 5 weeks of wheat harvest. I was sunburned and peeling. The locals up there thought I had some sort of skin disease... they'd never seen a peeling sunburn. Their record hot day was somewhere in the '70's. Some of the elders remembered/reminissed about a particurally hot dry summer (all 3 or 4 days of it) in the distant past where vehicles were able to kick up a little perceivable dust. They were anxious for me to further describe/explain this dust phenomon... and asked me to attempt to explain what a horizion could look like that wasn't obscured by trees... or what a whole week without rain or snow was like.

• CMS Author

They were anxious for me to further describe/explain this dust phenomon... and asked me to attempt to explain what a horizion could look like that wasn't obscured by trees... or what a whole week without rain or snow was like.

I worked with a guy from Minot, ND who was amazed at the tree cover in the area (northern NJ) and "mountainous terrain". He said he was used to walking out the front door of his house and being able to see where he was going to drive, even if it was 10 miles away...and see the entire road from there.....:lol:

• Members

One guy thought it was cool, a bunch of us gave another opinion. I've serviced them and they are a bitch to work on when they do need work and require a pretty big service bench due to how they open up. I would expect there to be some problems, mostly intermittent problems so keep that in mind when chevcking it out.

It may be a good deal for you. If not, you are only out some "pocket change". Not a big deal I assume.

Are we all taking about the same mixer?

http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80300672.pdf

I heard it mentioned it was black and now its a bitch to work on. The XR1200c that I had was gray and was very easy to service/clean. Just put it on its back and remove the screws on the bottom going through the wood. It had a hinge on the back/bottom in the front. Just set it on its side and it would unfold. The amp section was modular and although I don't remember if it was every channel strip or in groups of 2 came out just by unplugging the strip going to them. The only some what of a pain was to be sure to remove knobs/nuts on the front before hand so you didn't have to do it after it was open. All in all I would give it a 2/3 on a scale of 1-10 as to how hard it was to work on. I have never heard of a ribbin failure on them. Both of mine were sold but still going strong today.

Any chance its the XR1200 (the none C model ) you are looking at?

http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80370355.pdf

Still not a bad mixer. Just 200 watts a side.

Dookietwo

• Members

Opening it up wasn't an issue, it was the removal and servicing of the pwer supply and the power amp that was a challenge. It took up so much room on the bench that there was no space left to get to the bottom after it was opened up to remove hardware. It was "unwieldy". Technically it was pretty simple and IIRC the preamp was flat PCB strips of 2 channels.

• 8 years later...
  • Members

Peavey.com has archived manuals for all of Thier equipment. I would get familiar with that before testing and making an offer. We have this same mixer FOH at my church. It is a stereo mixer and the dual amps only power the mains in the stereo configuration. It has several jumper configurations that will allow for mono operation which are outlined in the manual. I would also say if you could get it for $50-75 it might be worth it for what your looking to do. For a couple hundred more you could get a newer powered board like the behringer pmp6000 with digital effects and class d amps in a smaller lighter package

• Members
Peavey.com has archived manuals for all of Thier equipment. I would get familiar with that before testing and making an offer. We have this same mixer FOH at my church. It is a stereo mixer and the dual amps only power the mains in the stereo configuration. It has several jumper configurations that will allow for mono operation which are outlined in the manual. I would also say if you could get it for $50-75 it might be worth it for what your looking to do. For a couple hundred more you could get a newer powered board like the behringer pmp6000 with digital effects and class d amps in a smaller lighter package

This post is 8 years old so its possible they bought it by now, or not......

Archived