Guitar to modeler to EON One?

markv47

• Members

Trying to go lighter and smaller;  is it feasible to go directly from a Les Paul to a modeler and then to a JBL Eon One Compact P.A.?  Would I need anything else and what type of modeler would work for this purpose.  Many thanks.

• Members

What you’re considering is quite possible.

I picked up an inexpensive modeler to test the concept. Did it nail the classic Fender tweed sound? No Did I get a useable sound? Yes . I’m sure there are more expensive units out there that can do more,  but it worked for me93E02BF4-C2F0-4C60-882E-CA7CEB2C6BC5.thumb.jpeg.b6892215a994b58332ec89827e7ac3f3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• daddymack changed the title to Guitar to modeler to EON One?
  • Moderators

This method is, and has been, done for a number of years.

In Gardo's case, he opted for a low end unit to 'try out' the concept. I would suggest that a 'high quality' amp modeler and any well-made powered speaker will lighten your load considerably, and produce reasonably satisfactory results.:cool2:

• Like 1

• Members
On 4/4/2022 at 2:00 AM, gardo said:

What you’re considering is quite possible.

I picked up an inexpensive modeler to test the concept. Did it nail the classic Fender tweed sound? No Did I get a useable sound? Yes . I’m sure there are more expensive units out there that can do more,  but it worked for me93E02BF4-C2F0-4C60-882E-CA7CEB2C6BC5.thumb.jpeg.b6892215a994b58332ec89827e7ac3f3.jpeg

Is this a Sansamp spinoff?

• Members
6 hours ago, 1001gear said:

Ok. I have a GT2 and maybe it records well but I never got more than a couple sounds I liked.

Yeah, it’s something to try it out , find useable sound or two. For what I was doing  only one sound was needed and it was close enough.

• Like 1