How much is this worth?

• Members

I am leaving the band I play in.

My last gig with them is in early October.

The problem for them is - I own all of the PA except for 1 PA speaker.

The guitarist and I pitched in and bought the pair of them. They are buying the second one from me after that last gig, and just paying me what I paid for it.

I've got:

1 carpeted mixer rack

1 rack panel on the back (with amp/speaker outputs wired and labeled)

1 Mackie VLZpro 1644

1 Behringer effect unit (whatever that first multi-effect unit is)

2 Carvin FET1000 amps (500watts per side @ 4 ohms/300 @ 8ohms, 1000Watts @ 8 Ohms bridged)

The whole thing is hardwired so that we could just plug in mic's and speakers (wired with all EWI cables.)

They want to buy it from me so that they will own their own PA system (the bass player owns the 15"+1" speakers that we were using for monitors.)

So what would you say this box is worth?

• Members

The fair thing to do is make an itemized list and check with MF and other musical supply companies and determine what replacement cost would be for each item new, add everything up, then subtract what is fair for wear and tear. My guess would be something like 50-75% of replacement cost (not MSRP but actual price) would be in the ballpark, or maybe outside the ballpark on the street looking in :).

• Members

The fair thing to do is make an itemized list and check with MF and other musical supply companies and determine what replacement cost would be for each item new, add everything up, then subtract what is fair for wear and tear. My guess would be something like 50-75% of replacement cost (not MSRP but actual price) would be in the ballpark, or maybe outside the ballpark on the street looking in
:)

Selling the package would result in additional discounting of everything but a lot less work than breaking it all up. There's also some added value in selling everything as a turn-key solution.

I would also guess that $800-1200 is a realistic value.

Archived