Song writing... writing goofy songs is pretty easy but serious songs were always a struggle for some reason.

• Members

So here are few goofy songs for you to review.

My brother and I lived like 1,500 miles apart and to communicate we'd talk on a cassette tape and send them back and forth.  At one point my brother who was pretty good on guitar started putting a mini concert on side B of the tape... he'd do interviews with supposed band members and it was pretty funny.  As I was learning guitar and responded, this musical competition took off.  The songs got more interesting and better as time went on.    It seems like once I get a theme, the words come together but for me I always had to have the music figured out first and then I could wrap the lyrics around it.   Having just lyrics and then coming up with a piece of music / song for them was more difficult.

I grabbed some of those old tapes (and later digital multitrack) recordings and tried to clean them up a bit.  A few I put to videos which I'll post here.  See what you think! 

:philthumb: :confused2: :thumbsdown:

The first is called Something's Wrong.  Actually what IS wrong is the song goes from a d minor to an e major, but somehow the minor got buried in the mix... and the solo needs re-done but anyway, here it is: 

This is a really old one that I did in the 90s.  The video was edited VHS and somehow it sort of came together.  No Vettes were harmed in this video.

This is one my brother wrote... I didn't have time to do a good video for it so it's just some photos that I took of different bands and then others are pix from the net.

Edited by Dr. Tweedbucket
To clarify something

• Dr. Tweedbucket changed the title to Song writing... writing goofy songs is pretty easy but serious songs were always a struggle for some reason.