I am having huge difficulty with op amp circuit

luna5

• Members

I am having huge difficulty with op amp circuit used in TA7642 radios, I cannot figure out how to attach the lm301 chip to have a gain of more than 200 (10 u cap between pin 1 and 😎 if I give it too much signal in 50 k ohm pot then the radio just makes a farting noise. My problem is that I need to figure out which lowpass or highpass filtrations between the speaker pin 5 and the 470 n capacitor and which resistors I need to reduce the hissing noises without any distortion or clipping when I try to make it louder

• Members

1)This forum is about ELECTRIC GUITAR AMPLIFIERS.

2) In a normal op-amp circuit, GAIN is set by the ratio of the input resistor and negative feedback resistor. The capacitor between pins 1 and 8 is for frequency compensation, is normally a small ceramic capacitor of maybe 20 or 30 pF.   The capacitor does not set gain, you must be confused with the LM386 amplifier chip. The LM386 is not a standard op-amp, and isn't compatible with the LM301. :facepalm:

• Thanks 1