Sold one..... Bought one

badpenguin

• Members

So what else is new, right? 

I flip, and use profits to buy others. Nothing new there, I am sure we all have done it. But the other day, I dropped off a guitar to be shipped I sold on Feebay, and thought to myself coming back..... "Hmmm, let's check the pawn shop to see if there is anything interesting." And of course there was. I sit with it, play it, plug it into the crappiest amp known to man, (Fender FM 212R) and thought "Ok, love the way it plays, the way it feels, makes the amp sound good, and I have the cash..." So I did the smart thing: went home and told my wife about it. :)

She said, "ok let's check it out." Once in the store, she saw it and went, "That's pretty.... is that the one?" So, with her approval, it came home.

2009 AGILE 2500. Actually more cream colored the white it looks like. Mahogany neck, solid mahogany body with no maple cap, 3 ceramic hums, and a nice hefty neck. And yes, she's on the heavy side. 9.99 lbs on bathroom scale. (Converted from kilo.)

GEDC1786.thumb.JPG.72ef3d5b5bf3dfd2b7ec9eb4e58d8b8f.JPG

GEDC1788.thumb.JPG.a9fac5d0fc22265ca73976b6c1f18829.JPG

GEDC1789.JPG

Edited by badpenguin
  • Like 1

• Members
7 minutes ago, daddymack said:

Name it 'Chip'....

GEDC1789.JPG

Agiles are great intermediate guitars, easily as good as most Epis. Which one was disposed to make room for 'Chip'?

"Chip" creative..... I was thinki8ng perhaps calling it "It". Jury's still out on that one. :philpalm:

I sold an 73-75 Aria 1932 blonde. Great guitar that I don't think I played in 2 years or so. I have WAY too many that falls under that category! Most and foremost is my 99 Ric 330. But if I got rid of that, I would be looking for a new place to live after the divorce! (Wife bought it for me.)

And I have loved Agiles for a while. I have a 3010SE "Paul" with 2 P90's and an ebony board that makes me wonder why people by Gibsons.

• Members
10 hours ago, daddymack said:

Aria 1932? Is that the SG Copy? If so, yes, very interesting guitar.

given the choice between naming it after this:Chip (Character) - Comic Vine

or this:It Chapter 2 director hints at potential Pennywise movie

yeah, tough call....sm-rotfl

I was actually thinking more along this line.... but it's nice seeing how your mind works! :eekphil:

giphy.gif.a4a25ac4e6fc8541d39766480a712822.gif

• Moderators
17 hours ago, badpenguin said:

I was actually thinking more along this line.... but it's nice seeing how your mind works! :eekphil:

giphy.gif.a4a25ac4e6fc8541d39766480a712822.gif

my choices were based on how 'white' the guitar looked, as both 'Chip' and 'It' are predominately white...see?...now had you said 'Cousin It'...no problem...ypu don't really want to know how my mind works...and neither do Ism-rotfl