i have a gordy 1810s pink clouds.would like to know what sort of value it has. its in top mint condition with lozenge case.

keith white

• Moderators

IIRC, Gordys were built in the UK [Gordon Smith Guitars?]. I don't think I have ever seen one in person, or even seen a sale listing for one in the USA.

As to the value? :idk:

As Gardo so eloquently put it, the value is for whatever you can sell it. Without any basis for comparison, I don't think we can give much assistance here unless one of our UK or Euro forumites has some insight.

• Moderators
On 1/26/2022 at 8:56 AM, E-money said:

It's pretty ugly.

obviously not to the OP...and there are likely others out in the world who would love that finish, body shape, etc.

Hopefully he can find one.

I am curious as to why he is asking about the value...curiosity? Selling? Trading?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

These are so rare that it's extremely difficult to value. They are superb guitars - I have been searching for one for over 20 years now (I own a Gordy 1710, its predecessor, of which only three were made). But that pink clouds finish is an ... ahem, acquired taste ... unfortunately, it would be a deal-breaker for me.

A bit of info on them, for anyone interested. They were hand-built in Manchester, UK by Gordon Whitham, one of the founders of Gordon-Smith guitars, after he moved on. They have neck-through construction, similar to a Jackson Soloist, with Gordy-designed tremolo and pickups, Sperzel locking tuners. I don't know about the woods. They're as well-built as anything you'll find.

The late Pete Haycock, of ELO Part 2, played a Gordy 1840 (an embellished version of the 1810) to great effect. https://www.elobeatlesforever.com/2015/02/pete-haycocks-elo-guitar-legacy.html

spacer.png

• 7 months later...