Speaker to pair with Fane F70 in my 2x12

DoomedForLife

• Members

Hi there! Long time lurker, first time poster on Harmony Central.

I currently have an Avatar 2x12 loaded with Eminence Wizards.  They're alright sounding speakers, but I am looking to upgrade a bit.  My initial research points me to the Fane F70.  Nice, flat, balanced, "high fidelity" speaker.  For reference, I play mostly heavy music (metal, noise rock, grunge, punk styles).

My question is this: in terms of what to pair with the Fane, do I just get another Fane F70? Or do I get a speaker with a more pronounced tonal character to go with it? (Ie: Vintage 30, Greenback, etc). I feel like the Fanes on their own might come across too flat in a live setting and I might want something to make it stand out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

These are very good speakers, but...much depends on the amp driving them. Some amps were born to drive Fanes [Sound City, Hi-Watt, a few others]. Without knowing what your amp is...:idk:

Put the F70 in with one Eminence, compare that to the two Eminences, and see if you are getting what you want.

This can become a fairly expensive process....:wave: