Is QSC K-Sub really out of the question.

• Members

I have been reading reviews of different sites of the new QSC k SUB and a lot of reviews are saying that is doesn't take much to peak it and that it is very weak sounding for a sub and that QSC concentrated more on its size and portability.

I really would have loved this sub to be up to scratch as I am after a light portable sub to go with my HPR 122s but I don't want to spent

• Members

I am one man band using tracks and accoustic guitar and was looking for a more fuller sound and also a sub for bigger venues.

It will give you a fuller sound without any problem. Don't expect "chest thumping" or "hip-hop lows" out of it because it isn't happening.

Yorkville's LS700P will get louder, is cheaper and pretty small. A better option IMO.

• Members

Being that Damien is in Ireland, I don't think Yorkville is a good answer. The PRX518 is a little more but will do what he needs. I believe JBL is easier to find on the other side of the pond. The Yorkville will need to be shipped to Canada for warranty repairs. Not something I'd like to deal with.

• Members

I wouldn't gamble on that when the shipping charges would be in the hundreds of dollars for even covered repairs. I'm not knocking Yorkville's stuff but I have a problem with their single point of repair. If they allowed authorized repair shops I would have nothing negative to say about them. Also, NOTHING electronic is bulletproof. Their reliability is very good but I doubt if anyone could believe that they never had a product that needed repair. The odds of needing an in warranty repair might be low but what about out of warranty? Remember Murphy's Law. Being without a sub for 3 or 4 weeks while paying for shipping between Ireland and Canada twice doesn't sound like a gamble I would personally be willing to take, especially if there are local repair shops that can do warranty repairs in a matter of days for no shipping costs.

• Members

The LS700P's are pretty heavy; 90lbs. easier to move than single 18 bins, that's for sure, but still heavy enough to be difficult for one person to move. In fact, I prefer my 18" bins because all of them have casters.

I'm interested in the K subs as well, perhaps I can talk my local dealer into letting me demo them at home. If I can I'll let you know what I think.

• Members

I'm not knocking Yorkville's stuff but I have a problem with their
single point of repair
. If they allowed authorized repair shops I would have nothing negative to say about them.

??? Single point of repair? My local dealer told me, if you have a problem, you bring it in, we hand you a new one. Simple. I've had zero issues anyway, so that's a moot point.

• Members

??? Single point of repair? My local dealer told me, if you have a problem, you bring it in, we hand you a new one. Simple. I've had zero issues anyway,
so that's a moot point.

+1. I know 10 or 12 guys or companies here in Florida that use Yorkville stuff and they are all extremely happy with everything Yorkville, from performance to reliability and service.

• Members

No we don't have yorkville here in Ireland. So that is out of the question.

I had an A/B comparison of the EVsba 760 v QSC K sub and the EV was the clear winner but I couldn't lift it at 43kg.

I need something as portable and easy to move as the K sub but which is gonna have better reviews than the K SUB

• Members

Its a pity the RCF didn't come with castors fitted. Do these companies not think of the solo artists. But I will check it out anyway and it is a hell of alot cheaper here than the Qsc.

They sell a castor board for it. It's also something you could easily make. One person can carry them, but it's not much fun.

• Members

I have heard it demoed at a GC and would definitely recommend trying it out before you buy.

It does not have the 18" sub low end that most DJs like but actually may work for your application - one man band. It does it's own thing so I caution you to not buy sight unseen - I guess that would be unheard. ;)

• Members

I'm wondering if the K-sub would be good reinforcement for my HPR122i's for a drummers monitor. Anyone have any experience?

Should work fine. I use a SXA250 for drum monitoring and it does the job quite well. Yorkie's NX750P is also known as a good drum monitor. Both speakers cost less than a K-Sub and you could move the HPR122 to some other task, or sell it.

• Members

I would agree with Modulusman that the Hpr151 does a better job.

However we have the Ksub 1000 in our Store next to the JBL eon and prx518s and i must say that though the frontloaders have a bit more click, in terms of percieved bass the ksub blows the Jbls out of the water.

And it seems to me that the JBL's peak a lot earlier than the Ksub does.

• Members

However we have the Ksub 1000 in our Store next to the JBL eon and prx518s and i must say that though the frontloaders have a bit more click, in terms of percieved bass the ksub blows the Jbls out of the water.

And it seems to me that the JBL's peak a lot earlier than the Ksub does.

No surprise here. The EON sub is pretty lousy. The PRX518 never really impressed me. That said, I expected more from the K-Sub.

Archived