Probably a noob question. Involves singing/ screaming.

• Members

i deal with this vocal style all the time . Theres a few things you can do to control it. Insert a comp on that channel . get your gain structure correct . I always use comps for this and i will set them to limit hard on some guys. It depends on the screamer. If you can get your threshold and reduction just right it will limit real good on loud screams and back off a ways for the singing parts.

If you cant afford a decent one just get a behringer multicom for now-what are those - $99 new?

• Members

I would think a compressor/limiter should solve your problem. You need some dynamics if your thing is screaming but you dont want to redline your system all the time.

I would think a moderate 3 to 1 amount of compression with a brickwall limiter before the red should solve your problem.

Also singers with really poor mic technique make it really tough on the sound guy. Practice where you can see meters.

The comp/limiters are pretty cheap nowadays.

• Members

i deal with this vocal style all the time . Theres a few things you can do to control it. Insert a comp on that channel . get your gain structure correct . I always use comps for this and i will set them to limit hard on some guys. It depends on the screamer. If you can get your threshold and reduction just right it will limit real good on loud screams and back off a ways for the singing parts.

If you cant afford a decent one just get a behringer multicom for now-what are those - $99 new?

Dude that picture scares me:cop:

Archived