Could I have some assistance in identifying these guitars?

legsilver

• Members

Okay, so I'd like to identify the guitars, which I'm attaching the pictures of.  The Les Paul style guitar I know is some sort of Hondo (the headstock is in a separate pic), and the Semi-hollow guitar with one pick up is a Gibson (the Gibson headstock is in a separate picture).  The semi-hollow guitar with two pick ups I think is some sort of Martin electric.

THANK YOU!!!!

IMG_2447.jpeg

IMG-20110418-00021.JPG

IMG-20110418-00018.JPG

IMG-20110418-00023.JPG

IMG-20110418-00024.JPG

• Like 1

• Members

The Gibson is a ES125 with a Bill Lawrence XL500 pickup installed. Looks like it was converted from a right handed to a left handed.

The Martin looks to be a mid 60's F65 or a GT75 with the bridge pickup replaced with a P90.

The Hondo looks like an EG 1736 or a Revival from the 80's. Semi rare being a lefty.

Edited by badpenguin
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, badpenguin said:

The Gibson is a ES125 with a Bill Lawrence XL500 pickup installed. Looks like it was converted from a right handed to a left handed.

The Martin looks to be a mid 60's F65 or a GT75 with the bridge pickup replaced with a P90.

The Hondo looks like an EG 1736 or a Revival from the 80's. Semi rare being a lefty.

If the Martin's head stock were shown that would settle it, as the GT series had the big flared' head stock, whereas the F series had the square style Martin head stock. The Martin is missing the trem handle, but I'd go with GT75 because most 'Fxx' [F50,F55,F65] models were 'trapeze tails', not the Bigsby-made trems, and this one appears to have the metal bridge base, not the plexiglas originally issued on the F series. The Bigsby was part of the standard GT75/GT70 equipment.

IIRC, the serial and model number should be stamped inside the bass [upper/left] f-hole. The serial number can be traced directly to the year : http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/information/martin-guitar-serial-numbers.php

It is a shame they modded that Martin by changing out the original 'custom' DeArmond Dynasonic pickups for a P90. [It is also a shame the ES125 was modded...:(]

The Martin electrics don't get much love, especially from Martin aficionados, but, IIRC there were less that 600 each of the Fxx series made, which should make them somewhat collectible. The GTs, there were about 3000 made [roughly 1500 each, IIRC].  I have not found production numbers on the 12 string version, which was only made in 1967. That one should be a collector's item!