No question is a stupid one ... right ?

• Members

For portability .... is it possible to run my Marshall MF350 head direct into a venues PA without a cab attached (apparently they have good stage monitors) ? Or could this screw my head (ohms issues etc) Why - wouldnt normally but we got our 3rd gig coming up with major transport issues.

Still learning. :facepalm:

Thanks for any help.

Kinger - London

• Members

You normally wouldn't take the speaker output from you head and plug it directly into a floor monitor (though it theoretically would work).

Most likely, you'd take a line out from your amp, into the mixer > PA. As tlbonehead mentioned, it helps if the line out from your amp has speaker/cabinet emulation built-in.

Be sure that any venues where you'd set up this way have the ability to route guitar signal back through your monitor.

• Members

Any particular reason you didn't just RTFM?

Can I run my amp without a speaker cabinet connected, while doing silent recording for

example?

Yes, unlike a valve amplifier the MF350 allows you to do this.We recommend however that you

turn the MASTER VOLUME to minimum, as it does not affect the output level on the EMULATED

OUTPUTS.

What does emulated out mean?

This means that the line output is emulating the sound a good quality microphone located in front

of your cabinet would produce. This allows you not only to record silently, but also provides an easy

and reliable way of getting a good sound through a P.A.

http://www.marshallamps.com/downloads/files/MF%20hbk.pdf

• Members

FYI. In my opinion, there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. Everyone has something they don't know and need to ask about. It is part of the learning process.

Amen to that, Phil. Tailoring your response to the skill-level of the "askee:)" is equally important IMO. No point snowing them with techno-gobbledygook if they're incapable of understanding the response. Effective communication, is a two-way street. A little patience and guidance is all that's usually required, and some here, show remarkable tact and diplomacy when responding to beginners/noobs. Sure, there's a "Goobers' Guide", but honestly, how many total noobs would even know to look there first, or what is meant by "Goober".

Bob

Archived