Tuners for Squier CV 50s Stratocaster

burton4snow

• Members

I want to replace the tuners my Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster 2014. The split style won’t work for me because I am swapping out the pickguard with other pre made pickguards. So when I loosen the strings they pop out and I usually can’t get them back in and end up having to use another set of strings. So I need the ones with the slot or hole in the tuning peg. 

Can someone recommend replacement tuners for my Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster 2014 want to go from the split shaft to slotted (hole in the peg). Direct drop in would be great. Thanks

• Members
8 hours ago, burton4snow said:

I want to replace the tuners my Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster 2014. The split style won’t work for me because I am swapping out the pickguard with other pre made pickguards. So when I loosen the strings they pop out and I usually can’t get them back in and end up having to use another set of strings. So I need the ones with the slot or hole in the tuning peg. snaptube vidmate

Basic Kluson repros should run you no more than $35, which is roughly what the Fender ones run if you get them from Warmoth. I use these on my $300 builds and on my $1000 builds. If you're looking to move away from Kluson type tuners, you'll have to drill the headstock, so I don't recommend it at all. Plus it's a vintage-repro Tele. Modern-style tuners would be a shame.

Edited by brandonrodgers

• Members
32 minutes ago, burton4snow said:

I am going to change them a lot. I plan on making a whole bunch of one humbucker one volume Stratocaster pickguards with less expensive pickups from places like GFS and switching them out periodically. Locking might be the answer. 

I once had the idea of making up a bunch of   Telecaster control plates with different wiring mods. Using a quick plug connector I could rewire my guitar in about a minute. Cool, I thought. Then I asked myself why and forgot about it.

But you seem to have a plan and locking tuners might work.