Ted Vesely Made in Brazil . Any knowledge would be appreciated

Thomas nosons

• Members

Thanks,  do you know anything about it or how I might be able to find a knowledgeable estimated value?  It plays absolutely as amazing as it looks . Whoever the luthier of this guitar ?  ,  A true artist of the trade . I'd love to know the types of wood used in it's creation .. I have only been able to find 1 "Ted Vesely" guitar pick on ebay selling for just under $30 dollars! ... There are picks from kiss, to Jimi Hendrix,  Elvis that aren't going for that price ..?   Any information or lead's on where I might find any information ,  would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

• Moderators

Ted Vesely was a well known session/big band horn player [trombone?]...Fred Waring, that kind of thing. IIRC he owned a music store in Las Vegas way back, maybe 70s/80s?

So I would guess he had these guitars imported from Brazil with those cheap labels glued in them to sell at his store....:idk:

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I would be the authoritative figure to answer any and all questions regarding this guitar.  It is my store and my decision to bring that instrument into our inventory.    You can also look at the MMR Magazine web site and search Vesely Music to get an answer to your question.  I would be happy to help. 

• 1 month later...