Power amp problem

• Members

I was using my PA yesterday and I noticed that my right subwoofer was weaker than my left subwoofer. I thought it may be cabling issues so I traced everything back and it wasn't the cabling. Then I thought it might be my xover setting, but it's not. After unplugging everything and testing everything individually, I found out that channel 2 of my power amp (which goes to my RIGHT sub) is lacking power. It seems like channel one gain controls both sides. I thought that I may have put it in bridge mode but it's not that. I am positive that it is in stereo mode. Can someone let me know what may be going on b/c I am stumpped?

These are my gear:

PV14 mixer->dbx 231 EQ->dbx 223 xover->RMX1450 (SoundFactor 215 tops) and PV CS1400 (Yamaha SW118 subs)

• Members

Well on the CS1400 there's a pin size button that if it's pushed in it's bridged mode and if left unpushed it's in stereo mode. I am certain that the button is NOT pushed in. I will certainly double check though.

I do have a question about this DDT button. What does it do exactly? I know that it supposed to help prevent speaker damage but exactly how does it work?

Archived