Question about Audio Technica mic I acquired

• Members

Hi all!

I recently acquired a microphone in amongst a small pile of audio gear I got in a recent trade. It is an Audio Technica D300HE. It is a rather plain-looking hand-held mic, with a red band on it.

Does anyone know anything about this mic? I have not tested it much; just enough to make sure it will pass a signal to the mixer. I basically got this mic for free - did I get my money's worth (in other words, a cheap mic to toss in the spare mic box) or an obscure treasure (ok, I know the odds are low on that one).

Thanks, everyone!

• Members

I've got a couple of the 61HE's from ten years back. Don't know if you mic is related to the 61HE or not. Doesn't seem to be a record of the D300HE (at least in North America)

I used to use my 61HE's in lounges... http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/4bc977a19263e06e/index.html they had a pseudo condenser sound to them. I still use them for trombone and such.

• 10 years later...
8 hours ago, amiller758@aol.com said:

dedmeet, I too have one and would like to know more about it.  Did you find anything out?

I just searched the Audio Technica site for any info on it - either as the D300HE or the D3000HE, and there wasn't anything listed there, even as a discontinued product - which tells me it's either pretty old (and not in a valuable "vintage" way) or it's a rather inexpensive model - and most likely, both. 

My guess is that it's a rather inexpensive handheld dynamic mic from the 1980s or 1990s. Sorry I can't give you more to go on than that. 

BTW, you should send me a private message, or quote this post and reply - you should discuss changing your user name with me (and I can help you do that...) because using your email address as a user name on a public forum is generally not a good idea. It can lead to you getting lots of spam, or worse... :(

Welcome to Harmony Central! :welcome:

Archived