Looking for an amp with Line Out

gardo

• Members
1 minute ago, gardo said:

As soon as I win that $12k PA system from Sweetwater we’ll be doing things my way

Your starting to sound like a roadie and not a rock star.

Or a little lottery hit.

Meyer Sound or QSC.

We can talk in the green room. :D

The art museum here uses Meyer Sound Products. Played through the smaller Meyer PA. It came with a sound guy.

You'll still want a good board and some USB High definition computer monitor.

Don't spend all your lottery winning, you still want a box truck with a power lift.

• Members
1 hour ago, Mikeo said:

Your starting to sound like a roadie and not a rock star.

Or a little lottery hit.

Meyer Sound or QSC.

We can talk in the green room. :D

The art museum here uses Meyer Sound Products. Played through the smaller Meyer PA. It came with a sound guy.

You'll still want a good board and some USB High definition computer monitor.

Don't spend all your lottery winning, you still want a box truck with a power lift.

As if I would win anyway 

Just having some fun talking 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Mikeo said:

Get 2 of them and make the sound guy run both amps in stereo.

mikeo, why don't you by him the second one?sm-rotfl

I still think the Cube is a great option, like the 30, the 60 or the street...used Cubes go fairly inexpensively...check reverb.com

(ordinarily I would posy you a link, but I'm on a ship heading to Alaska, and the wifi is brutally slow...:( )

• Members
4 hours ago, daddymack said:

mikeo, why don't you by him the second one?sm-rotfl

I still think the Cube is a great option, like the 30, the 60 or the street...used Cubes go fairly inexpensively...check reverb.com

(ordinarily I would posy you a link, but I'm on a ship heading to Alaska, and the wifi is brutally slow...:( )

A mic was the cheapest and  best option.

Roland makes great boat anchors, for people that are weak and don't care about tone.

And just so you stay on vacation. Pay attention to your bride.

By the time these pics load on the ship, you should be back home.

cube_street_2_content_photo_01.jpg

cube_street_2_content_photo_02.jpg

cube_street_2_content_photo_03.jpg

cube_street_2_content_photo_04.jpg

cube_street_2_top_gal.jpg

cube_street_2_hero.jpg

:bounce022:

• Haha 1

• Members

If you think the Roland is heavy just be glad you're not the pianist. 

I was at an event and heard a small Roland cube. I thoouhgt "wow ,that almost souds good".

A mic is the best way to go but I would still have a fairly heavy amp to carry . I an go to GC and get an LT50 used for under $200 so I'll give one a try . It has a 12' speaker and weighs 20 lbs.. I should be able to program in a decent tone and save it . hopefully it will be a grab and go

• Members
2 hours ago, gardo said:

If you think the Roland is heavy just be glad you're not the pianist. 

I was at an event and heard a small Roland cube. I thoouhgt "wow ,that almost souds good".

A mic is the best way to go but I would still have a fairly heavy amp to carry . I an go to GC and get an LT50 used for under $200 so I'll give one a try . It has a 12' speaker and weighs 20 lbs.. I should be able to program in a decent tone and save it . hopefully it will be a grab and go

I haz a Vox that has programing on it. 

Cost me 80 buckeroos for the multi button foot swithceroo

Cheap amp option.

Line / headphono out

https://reverb.com/p/vox-ad30vt

https://reverb.com/p/vox-ad30vt

rnermdkrkkwq0jfw37yh.jpg

ouwzxvruhz5bkvzccape.jpg

• Members
On 8/7/2021 at 6:34 PM, daddymack said:

Maybe something simple like a Roland Cube....

I've had a Cube 80XL for a while and it's more than adequate for my humble needs. Cost me less than $200 used. Oddly enough, it has a "line out" but our church sound guy mics it anyway.

• Like 1

• Members
3 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

I've had a Cube 80XL for a while and it's more than adequate for my humble needs. Cost me less than $200 used. Oddly enough, it has a "line out" but our church sound guy mics it anyway.

I don’t know why ours refused to mic the amp but now I’m glad he did. It gave me an excuse to get another amp. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Mikeo said:

A mic was the cheapest and  best option.

Roland makes great boat anchors, for people that are weak and don't care about tone.

And just so you stay on vacation. Pay attention to your bride.

By the time these pics load on the ship, you should be back home.

cube_street_2_content_photo_01.jpg

cube_street_2_content_photo_02.jpg

cube_street_2_content_photo_03.jpg

cube_street_2_content_photo_04.jpg

cube_street_2_top_gal.jpg

cube_street_2_hero.jpg

:bounce022:

those are the Boss junk...I'm talking about Rolnd junk...😉

3 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Which was why I suggested the Cubes, inexpensive, decent [not great] sounding, but the line out will sound better if the sound guy at least knows how to EQ:facepalm:

in my [ancient warped] mind, it checked all the boxes Gardo was after...sure, I could name plenty of other, far more expensive amps, but why?

• Members
6 hours ago, daddymack said:

those are the Boss junk...I'm talking about Rolnd junk...😉

Which was why I suggested the Cubes, inexpensive, decent [not great] sounding, but the line out will sound better if the sound guy at least knows how to EQ:facepalm:

in my [ancient warped] mind, it checked all the boxes Gardo was after...sure, I could name plenty of other, far more expensive amps, but why?

Agreed, l don’t need an expensive amp. This is a situation where good enough really is good enough- No one hears the amp except me , the sound goes through a PA. I know my range in the mix and am not a featured soloist. I went with a used LT 50 for under $200. There are so many amp models and effects that the right sound has to be in there somewhere. . It’s being shipped and should be here soon.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, gardo said:

Agreed, l don’t need an expensive amp. This is a situation where good enough really is good enough- No one hears the amp except me , the sound goes through a PA. I know my range in the mix and am not a featured soloist. I went with a used LT 50 for under $200. There are so many amp models and effects that the right sound has to be in there somewhere. . It’s being shipped and should be here soon.

I hope you are happy with the LT.

Suggesting that you buy a two thousand dollar+ amp for a one-off gig...:facepalm:

Not everyone wants nor has the money to buy 'champagne' gear...this is a perfect example. Some of us are here to try to help and present viable options, some just post to show off...:wave:

• Members
4 hours ago, daddymack said:

I hope you are happy with the LT.

Suggesting that you buy a two thousand dollar+ amp for a one-off gig...:facepalm:

Not everyone wants nor has the money to buy 'champagne' gear...this is a perfect example. Some of us are here to try to help and present viable options, some just post to show off...:wave:

I like to see all of the options. Quilter would be fantastic but really is more than I need At least we’re talking about something. 
These days any traffic is good traffic.

• Moderators

I have no issues with Quilter...I own one, an Aviator head, and yes, it is older but its the first SS amp I ever felt was gig-able for the way I typically play [straight in]...but trying to multiply your budget 10x, IMHO, isn't helping:wave:

talk is cheap...most of those amps...not so much:facepalm:

• Members

I got the Mustang LT 50 today and it should be just what I need. There are plenty of sound options, the one I’m currently checking out is an acoustic simulator. It’s a good starting point while I create something of my own. Here is something  I really like , while the line out is affected by the gain and volume adjustments it is not affected by the master volume. This allows me to balance the amp speaker and the central monitor to heat what’s really going out. To me this is very useful and of the best features . Thanks for all of the discussions .

By the way there are some great sounds for home use like Chaicago Blue and Rock-a-Billy . Oh yeah

Edited by gardo

• Members
8 hours ago, 1001gear said:

Have you used it at the gig?

it worked perfety.  The master volume dosen't effect the line out . This allowed me to cut back the master and adjust to the PA sound then bring up the master again so to a level i could hear as we played. The amp is a fun toy at home too .Not exactly the same as my "real amp" though. But maybe i need more time to dial it in