Looking for an amp with Line Out

gardo

• Members
1 hour ago, badpenguin said:

Then your sound guy is an idiot.

Yup 

one week he wasn’t there so I set up an amp and a mic myself. Worried OK except I didn’t get a chance to dial in the sound. 
Just not worth arguing with an “expert”

• Moderators

first...

How loud is your drummer?...IIRC, the Fender LT 50 Mustang was not able to keep up volume-wise with a moderate drummer in a decent sized room.

Next...head or combo, how many watts and speaker config. Tube or SS, or hybrid? Modeling? Channels?

Narrow this down so we can help you defeat the dreaded 'incompetent soundguy' :wave:

• Members
26 minutes ago, daddymack said:

first...

How loud is your drummer?...IIRC, the Fender LT 50 Mustang was not able to keep up volume-wise with a moderate drummer in a decent sized room.

Next...head or combo, how many watts and speaker config. Tube or SS, or hybrid? Modeling? Channels?

Narrow this down so we can help you defeat the dreaded 'incompetent soundguy' :wave:

I play with a vocal group with piano and guitar. I’ve been playing acoustic and want to try electric. a telecaster would be first choice. Using both pickups with a thin pick then roll back the volume.with the tone open . I get a nice rhythm sound this way. 
Some time ago I tried a little Marshall Valvestate VS15R. to test the concept.It has a line out so it did work but it’s a poor sounding amp. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Djangler said:

Not cheap, but a Clarus SL might fit the bill if you're going for clean sounds:

https://www.premierguitar.com/acoustic-image-introduces-clarus-sl-and-sl-r-models

You'll need a speaker cab too.

It would do the job and I have a 1x12 cab but that head is really more than I need . 
We’re  jut a few people having some fun 

• Members
29 minutes ago, Mikeo said:

Not Mic-ing and amp, that does sound crazy to me.

I do have a Vox amp with a line out. It's ok.

Get a Quilter and be done with it.

Maybe a Fender Tone master. Look em up

Thanks 

I never looked at Quilter

• Members
21 minutes ago, 1001gear said:

Does sound guy just want control? What about a simulator?

It’s all about control and insecurity. I do use an amp simulator for acoustic. Electric presents a new problem though. I can hear acoustic and there is a center monitor that also helps some but electric would need it’s own speaker of some sort. 

• Members
2 hours ago, gardo said:

It’s all about control and insecurity. I do use an amp simulator for acoustic. Electric presents a new problem though. I can hear acoustic and there is a center monitor that also helps some but electric would need it’s own speaker of some sort. 

Fire the f!@ker.

• Members
21 minutes ago, Mikeo said:

Fire the f!@ker.

He doesn’t work for me 

I more or less have to take what I get and make the best of it

Electric guitar is a foreign concept , it’s always been acoustic. I suspect there is some resistance to my being non traditional 

The original suggestion was that I just plug on to an amp simulator like I do for acoustic. When it was pointed out that I wouldn’t be able to hear it was an”Oh yeah” moment  
We still have fun with it and I try to go with the flow . I’m actually embracing the challenge 

• Members
4 hours ago, 1001gear said:

Split the signal. Use your amp pointed at you. You give up "your " blend but you might not care.

I have considered something tike that. . If I go through an amp simulator and then to a monitor or amp it would seem easier to just use an amp with a line out . 

• Thanks 1

• Members
1 hour ago, 1001gear said:

Thinking expense is all. You already have the amp. Just add the simulator. You can split the signal before either so the sound guy gets his feed, you get your monitor.

There are used Fender LT50's out there under $200 . Its a versatile amp with a line out, Seems like I should be able to make it work. Plenty of sound options with it and should be loud enough if it's right behind me.

• Members
1 hour ago, gardo said:

There are used Fender LT50's out there under $200 . Its a versatile amp with a line out, Seems like I should be able to make it work. Plenty of sound options with it and should be loud enough if it's right behind me.

Get 2 of them and make the sound guy run both amps in stereo.

• Haha 2